Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Birthday Geraniums

For this week's Design Team Challenge call from Serendipity Stamps
we were asked to create a card that fits a business size envelope. Please visit .... Amy,  Anya, Kathie and Lynda to see what they created for this  challenge!
I have not made a long and lean card in a good while and I love making them. The long size really makes for a striking card. I pulled out Copics to color this gorgeous geranium image and used: G29, G24, G20, R27 and R22. Geraniums happen to be one of the only flowers that seem to thrive on my porch, even when I forget to water them occasionally. My type of flowers! I used Spellbinder's Mega Ovals Nesties, a perfect fit for a longer card. To wrap the ribbon, I cut a slit in the crease of the card and it wraps on the inside as well, secured with a few pieces of Scor-Pal tape. 

10 comments:

  1. What a stunning card! Your coloring is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowey... love how the flowers grow off the oval... and the black ribbon really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are prettier than the real thing. Your coloring is better than natures. Other geraniums should strive to look this good! I love long cards too. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the split background-wonderful coloring on your out of the box flowers-pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A change of size is good. Really like the card. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THE COLORING JOB, PERFECT AS USUAL! AND THE B&W RIBBON TOO.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful and love the ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is incredible! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Jenny! You colored the flowers perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous girl! I missed this one. A fabulous image!

    ReplyDelete