Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Stamp Simply #163 - Tis the Season for CAS

Oct. 29 – ssnotime163 – Tis the Season for Clean and Simple – Sharon says: Clean and Simple is definitely the way to go when we need to mass produce.  But it’s also a very refreshing and pleasing style to fall back on any time at all. Today let us truly think Clean and Simple – SUPER SIMPLE.  And let’s make cards with Christmas OR winter in mind as we inspire each other with all our Clean and Simple creations! 

Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp, using Mr. Linky. See what colorful projects the team cooked up this week....our Ring Leader - Sharon, Janine OrchardA J OttoDeb SaarenenDeb NeermanBarb Andersand Barb Schram. 
We have the very talented Jerri Jimenez stamping with us for October! 
You can visit Jerri and view some seriously amazing projects at her blog A Touch of Grace
I consider most of my cards pretty simple... but I fall down on one basic CAS rule..... layers. I just can't NOT use layers. I'm always waiting to see if Sharon is gonna call me out  on ten layers on one card for a Stamp Simply Project, LOL.... In my defense, it is always "Stamped Simply".  BUT other than maybe an extra layer or two.... this is simple. Easy Peasy. I used Colored Pencils and Gamsol to color this little birdie.  A simple outline with a Micron Pen, using the inside of my nestie, adds another "frame". The fancy Lacey Square Nestie and Pearls being the only extras on this CAS card, and I did add just a tiny touch of Glossy Accents to the red berries. A small image that could be stamped multiple times and colored pretty quick for multiple cards. 
Craft Experiment - I filled an empty Copic pen with Gamsol.... I loved using it for the berries or small items-- the pen tip was perfect to do small areas. It released too much Gamsol and didn't spread the color well enough for larger areas. But it really was nice for the small touches and around edges. I have a hard time staying in the lines on the small areas when I'm using a paper stump. 

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jenny! You've colored the cardinal perfectly! I love that die, it's on my list! And look at those sweet berries, love the glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card!! Not sure I could mass produce it, but you seem capable of some amazing things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Jenny! Love your cardinal and the lacy frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW, this is so beautiful, Jenny! Love that crisp red and white ... and the beautifully colored cardinal! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing an awesome job with the CAS cards....give yourself a pat on the back.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job - very pretty card. Interesting idea to use the Copic marker for Gamsol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love that bird and you made it look so good.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful cardinal! love the loop framing and all the lovely pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, everything looks so perfect! Also, I really like your new watermark.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and fantastic!!!! A great red. Makes me want the stamp set AND the nesties. Ok, I admit I like that nestie now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Jenny, I love this card. Wonderful job you did on it. T4S Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Sharon will approve! LOL...what a beautiful card, Jenny! Every detail is perfect! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very pretty...I love the glowing red and your coloring...this card and the one below! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Beautifully colored and perfectly embellished.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card... so lovely! I'm thinking you won't be mass producing 200 of these LOL. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty. I love those Lacey Squares. Every time I have tried to buy them from various stores they have been out of stock. MUST KEEP TRYING.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Someone thought using a Copic with Gamsol in it might mess up the nib because of the wax in the pencils. I wanted to try this so I was wondering if you had a problem with that.

    ReplyDelete