Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Simple Season's Greetings

For this week's Design Team Challenge call from Serendipity Stamps
we were asked to create a simple Christmas Card. Please visit .... Amy,  Anya, Kathie and Lynda to see what they created for this  challenge!

I used Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol to color this poinsettia. My Copics are still front and center on my desk, but I decided to change it up and do something different. To color this image it took six minutes.... and I only used three colors: Crimson Red, Kelp Green and Sienna Brown. I used Gamsol and Paper Stumps to blend the color. Some simple mats and embellishments to complete. I have spent most of today working with Colored Pencils and Gamsol... rediscovering how easily and beautifully they can bring an image to life. 

  • Stamps: All stamps by Serendipity Stamps - #637K Poinsettia Large, #1136D Season's Greetings
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Kraft, Red, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Ribbon by SU, White Enamel by Ranger, White Signo Pen

16 comments:

  1. You do beautiful work!Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with me.I can use all the help I can get.LOL
    I see you are from Atlanta.I am just down the street in Kennesaw.:)Good morning!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! I've never had much luck with pencils, but you've made it look wonderful and easy with just 3 colors! I love the poppy ribbon too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And man do I love a perfectly tied bow! Find myself putting them on everything lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOwzers girl, that is one gorgeous card! Love the poinsettia stamp, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. I use my pencils and gamsol every once in a while instead of copics also. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love your colouring and the elgance of your card. Hope all is well with you!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Jenny! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic coloring job!!!! qkk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so much definition and only 3 colors. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could tell right away that this was colored differently...very delicate and the shading so pretty! Outstanding card Jenny G!

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally beautiful, looks like you spent hours on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Jenny! I have not seen that stamp before. You sure did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flower is very realistic! Love the soft look. I prefer to use Goo Gone with my color pencils - for me I find that the pencil moves easier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply gorgeous Jenny! Your coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous poinsettias, Jenny! Wonderful coloring and I love the simple matting w/ faux stitching.

    ReplyDelete