Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Stamp Simply #158 - Sari Inspirired


Sept. 24 - ssnotime158 - Bridal Inspiration - The Challenge in Sharon's words: I fell in love with this photo when I saw it!  This is a bridal sari for an Indian wedding.  I absolutely LOVE the colors, the texture, the shimmer of the fabric, the beading, the patterns.  Today's challenge is to use this photo for your inspiration and just run with it -- take what speaks to you from this photo and show us all your FAB creations!  Can't WAIT to see what you all come up with!  And PLEASE, share with us what did speak to you from this gorgeous photo!

Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp, using Mr. Linky. See what colorful projects the team cooked up this week....our Ring Leader - Sharon, Janine OrchardA J OttoDeb SaarenenDeb NeermanBarb Andersand Barb Schram. And we have a Guest Designer with us for this challenge... welcome Chrissie Stokes, you can find her blog here --> Simply One of a Kind.
I loved this picture and the colors..... but then I ended up struggling with my card!!! I'm still not entirely happy with it. I tried to incorporate the warm colors... but ended up more orange than rusty brown like in the inspiration pic. ONE day I will learn to print these pics out instead of relying on my poor memory.  I remembered oranges and went with copper to try and incorporate some metallic tones...... but now in the pic I see it's more of a golden color! The fabric in the pic has lots of texture going on and I did try to bring that in my card with Cuttlebug embossing folders and the brown vines on the blue paper are flocked. I do love these colors together, but feel my card is out of balance somehow. Finished card is an A2 size.

  • Stamps: Happy Birthday by Endless Creations
  • Ink: Versafine Sepia Brown and Clear EP
  • Paper: Brown, Copper, all other DP from Kaisercraft's Peachy Keen 6x6 Collection
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folders, Prima Flower 

18 comments:

  1. Such a rich card Jenny! Your struggled with this and boy did it turn out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! This is absolutely stunning, Jenny! LOVE that gorgeous flower ... I can't imagine why you're not happy with this beautiful creation!! LOVE it!!

    Hope you're doing well ... have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Stunning and gorgeous! The card is as fantastic as the inspirational photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Smoke girl! This is amazing....I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the coppery colors-very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok...mite have to do this challenge! LOVE the photo and I think you NAILED it Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I love that flower, gorgeous papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used the same paper collection! GMTA, LOL! Stunning card, Jenny! I ADORE that big ol' happy flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning!! I love the dp and the flower is perfect for the card and challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful Jenny. What a gorgeous creation.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is perfect! And those are my absolute fav colors.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, very pretty! I like your muted and orangy colors : ) Very nice combo of dp and textures, I really like that flower too, it adds an exotic flair, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, I love those colors and that Sari is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Jenny! Your blossom element really speaks the inspiration photo! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flower totally captures the look!!

    ReplyDelete