Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Stamp Simply #157 - I'm cracking up....

Sept. 17 - ssnotime157 - Cracked Glass - Deb Saaranen selected our challenge this week and her selection is the Cracked Glass Technique.  If you've never done Cracked Glass before, you can check out Beate's SCS tutorial.

Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp, using Mr. Linky. See what colorful projects the team cooked up this week....our Ring Leader - Sharon, Janine OrchardA J OttoDeb SaarenenDeb NeermanBarb Andersand Barb Schram. And we have a Guest Designer with us for the next two challenges... welcome Chrissie Stokes, you can find her blog here --> Simply One of a Kind.
I had not done this technique in YEARS! Thanks Deb for a fun and great challenge! AND I used a stamp that had never been inked before. I love it when I do that! I stamped my image on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and colored with Copics. I cut out my leaf with Spellbinder's Labels 9. Then I started the process of layering the clear embossing powder, creating my glass. I think I used about six layers and I was using Ultra Thick Clear. I let it cool and harden and then started cracking! After cracking, I rubbed brown ink in between the cracks, wiping away the excess. Everything else on the card stayed pretty simple, leaving the focus on my cracked leaf. I love this style when used on vintage designs.... but this leaf caught my eye and I went another direction.
  • Stamp: Leaf by Stamp Oasis
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP by Imaginisce, Brown, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Ivory
  • Other: Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Copics, Spellbinder's Labels 9
I have been staying busy lately, reorganizing my stamp room. It's a BIG mess and if you saw it you would not believe it. I have so much stuff pulled out and spread everywhere. OMG... it could do me in. I'm not taking any before pictures, too embarrassing... but give me a week or two to get things in shape and I'll take room pictures. I'm expanding with stamp storage in a second room. I wish I could wave a wand and have it all done like the vision in my head. I really wish!!!! I keep finding all sorts of things tucked everywhere and I get sidetracked way too easily. 

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Cracked Glass leaf -- JUST love it -- great with the twine, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is just lovely. The colouring on the leaf is superb, and I love the shape of that Nestie label... I feel a purchase coming on!
    The cracked glass effect is perfect for the card.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! This is stunning, Jenny! Love that beautiful leaf image you used ... perfect for the Cracked Glass technique! And that twine is the perfect finishing touch!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous leafy design Jenny! Makes me want to go out and pick a bouquet of leaves for my house! The cracked glass looks great with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly beautiful! Love the colors of the leaf and the cracking is so pretty on it! Love, Love, Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly beautiful! Love the colors of the leaf and the cracking is so pretty on it! Love, Love, Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply divine. Love the leaf image and it looks awesome with the cracked glass technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really classy! I'm going to have to get some of that Memento ink. Everything else I've tried runs with the Copics. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Jenny! I love that leaf image and it looks great "cracked"!

    ReplyDelete