Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Stamp Simply #156 - Let's Hear it for the Guys!

Sept. 10 - ssnotime156 - Lets's Hear it for the Guys! - This is the challenge from Sharon: Guy cards just don't seem to come as easy for most of us as pretty, frilly, girlie cards -- agree?  This week let's come up with some great ideas for guy cards -- any reason -- birthday, thank you, get well, thinking of you, etc. -- let's just make some cards that are more suited to sending to the guys in our lives.  Only one other stipulation -- NO BOWS!!!  You may use ribbon or string, but in a *manly* fashion -- LOL!!!!
Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp, using Mr. Linky. See what colorful projects the team cooked up this week....our Ring Leader - Sharon, Janine OrchardA J OttoDeb SaarenenDeb NeermanBarb Andersand Barb Schram. 
My guy card is pretty straight foward. Lotsa layers, but other than that it's simple. I used pattern paper from Graphic 45's A Proper Gentleman collection and paired it up with this Lincoln quote. Nothin' fancy going on. I  used Cuttlebug folder in the background on the parchment paper. I used a little cat's eye to add some ink around the edges too.... but that's all. After I finished I realized I should have paid more attention to what portion I used of the paper, as I cut off all the heads with my quote panel, ooops. Sorry Guys! 
  • Stamps: Lincoln Collection by Wordsworth
  • Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
  • Paper: Black, Ivory Parchment Card Stock, DP by Graphic 45 - A Proper Gentleman 8x8 pad
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder, Cat's Eye Brown, Corner Rounder

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the way you did the background! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the layers...the rounded corners are a perfect touch! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very masculine indeed- well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb card Jenny. I love this quote. I can see that I shall have a lot to live up to as Guest Designer for the next two weeks.
    I'm really looking forward to it!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors, great card.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this paper too Jenny! Fabulous and handsome...what more do we want?--oh, your card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW, this is fabulous! LOVE that beautiful DP and the color palette ... very masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out great. Love the Quote and the paper (even headless)LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Inspires me to make some birthday cards for guys. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad I finally found your great blog. I was in Impressive Ideas the other day and you told me to google you. So glad I did! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very masculine, Jenny! Love how "tailored" it is!

    ReplyDelete