Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Prickley Pear BLOG HOP!

Welcome to the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp Blog Hop to introduce a new line of coordinating die cuts and clear stamps. Visit the Design Team’s daily releases and the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp blog from September 5th until September 8th to have chances to win one of four prize packages worth $50 in PPRS products. Of course each of the prize packages will feature one of the new release sets: 
Pumpkins, Cardinals, Oranaments, and Holiday Trees. 
More than one chance to win.
Each day you have more than one chance to win. Start at the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp Blog. Leave a comment on the blog for one chance to win. Then hop on over to the day’s release blogs and make comments there for more chances to win. Sounds easy enough. And the bonus is that you’ll see some fabulous paper projects featuring the new sets. For each release, you’ll have 2 days to participate…you’ll have until midnight the night AFTER the release day to enter comments. Please just one comment per blog.
Check the Prickley Pear Blog for the full Release schedule with links.
Today we are previewing the new Pumpkin Clear Set. 
And the other blogs to visit for the hop are: 
Jennifer at her blog: Random Vintage Finds 
Both these cards were created with the new Pumpkin set, and I know neither card shows off the pumpkins.... leave it to me to be different! The top card used the Fall senitment embossed three times and then cut out with one of the new nesties, Lacey Squares, with a little Coic airbrushing and bling for highlights. I used the large leaf and embossed that on pattern paper, cutting each one out. My button is supposed to represent and "acorn".... what do you think? 
The fence and the sentiment are two different stamps, I just paired them up together. You knew if there was a kitty in the set, I would be using that stamp! See that bad little cat perched on the fence post, looks like he has serious attitude! After stamping, I masked with Eclipse tape, creating a moon and airbrushed the background with Copics. I used a charcoal cat's eye ink pad around the edges. Around the edges of the Beaded Ovals Nestie I added jute string, using a craft needle (with a large eye) to make quick work of it.

19 comments:

  1. Love the Happy Fall card with the leaves and "acorn". That little cat is also adorable (I'm a cat lover, too) and I noticed it right off. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamp images and the plaid leaves! Your airbrushing is perfect. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your button looks acorny and your airbrushing on the second card is fabulous. I've really done a number on myself....can't get 'macho, macho man' out of my head....... ;-) Tell A I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are great, but I love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this!I love the phrase... the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cards are fabulous. I just love how you used the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your airbrushing. The sentiment on the second one is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny- I love it! You are so cleaver to sew around the cut out like that. Thanks for being my blog hop buddy today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny
    Two great cards. Love the d/p.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  10. I contend that the ultimate happiness is a stamp with a cat on it, unless it is the cat hanging with me when I am stamping. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your first card with the leaves... Very fallish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards, love the leaves on the first one with Happy Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love Fall/Halloween and both these cards are really wonderful. Love the Plaid Leaves and that Kitty is just calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your acorns and the pumkins with the cat. He does seem to have an attitude, but then most cats do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these! Love the leaves & your button acorn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two beautiful cards! I really like the way you have combined all the different patterns in the Happy Fall card and stamped on plaid paper for the leaves. That is a great fence and kitty stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the colors in the cards, it is the first time I visit you.

    Sofie

    ReplyDelete