Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Peace, Love, Joy

It's been a long time since I have colored anything with out using Copics. I used re-inkers and a paintbrush to add color to this holly image. I embossed with gold on water color paper and then just painted. When I was finished with the image, I used a water brush to wet the the edges of the image, making the color bleed outside of the lines. 
I added a simple sentiment and bow to finish it off. This image was the focus of a tutorial I did for Outlines, using the same image three ways. You can see instructions and the other cards on the Outlines site.

CLICK HERE to see my tutorial using this image on three different cards. 

21 comments:

  1. Love it all-great coloring and I like the outside the lines color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and a great job of doing the colors. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I love your card! It is so elegant and I love the way you softly took the color outside the lines. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! All 3 of your cards with this image are just beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial. That color bleed is a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous image and color job! All 3on the Outlines site are wonderful. GREAT job. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG....this card is stunning! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a while since I visited you, Jenny! This is gorgeous! LOVE it! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to ask....what re-inkers did you use?

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness...this is pure loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow neat! This is a really great site! I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
    exactly the same in the past? Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so elegant! Love your coloring and the way you bled the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is gorgeous, love the deep green, it makes the red just pop. Fabulous tutorial over at Outlines!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Beautifully done and I love the watercolor look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning card Jenny, love the gorgeous Christmas colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jenny
    Your Christmas card is delightful!

    ReplyDelete