Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Stamp Simply #154 - A Color Challenge

August 27th - ssnotime153 -  A Color Challenge - Today’s colors are rich and so pretty together as we transition from summer into autumn.  And autumn comes earlier to some of us than others.  Our colors are Turquoise and Orange, with White OR Ivory as your neutral and as always, adding Black for a little POP is totally OK, but not required.  Here’s a photo of an inviting boy’s room to get your colorful and creative juices flowing. 

Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp, using Mr. Linky. See what colorful projects the team cooked up this week....our Ring Leader - Sharon, Janine OrchardA J OttoDeb SaarenenDeb NeermanBarb AndersBarb Schram and we have Charlene Driggs as our Guest Designer this month... Her blog is  Paper and Ink Playground.
I went "old school" on this! Pulling out those old decorative edge scissors for my edges! Before nesties and all the fancy embellishments we have to choose from now.... this is what my cards used to be like.... lotsa layers was my middle name.... I still haven't changed that! I colored up my flowers using Copics on Curious Cryogen White. I was going for a blurred look on the label, trying to mimic something old fashioned or maybe water stained on the label.... but instead it just came out messy looking....lol . I did add some clear glaze pen over the jar. The sentiment and flowers are two separate stamps - but I liked the long lean look to the stamp and it fit right along side it perfectly. A few little piercings in each of the scallops. Pretty simple for today!
  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession - #CL251 Daisy Love Set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Curious Cryogen White, Misc. DP, Turquoise, Orange
  • Other: Copics, Corner Rounder, Scallop Scissors by Fiskars, Clear Glaze Pen, Paper Piercer

15 comments:

  1. WoWzA, this is fabulous, Jenny! LOVE that DP ... and all of those beautiful layers! I love the way you've put those two stamps together ... and your image is colored so beautifully! Love it!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazingly beautiful! I'm having trouble finding words to describe the beauty here! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, this is just beautiful, but then all of your creations are! I'm so glad I didn't give my decorative scissors away.

    Thanks so much for letting me play with you ladies this month. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun inspiration. I love the colors!! Your card is stunning!! I love your floral image and all the layers and details. Beautifully done Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun inspiration. I love the colors!! Your card is stunning!! I love your floral image and all the layers and details. Beautifully done Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT long card. Love the vertical sentiment idea too! Beautiful color job. One of your best. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous...perfect in these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FUN card!!! LOVE that pretty vase of flowers! GREAT card in today's colors!!! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! Love all the layers and the wonderful colors. Beautiful stamp (reminds me of Fall).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those colors together. Great job, as usual!!!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous, Jenny! I love that image and your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wowzers! This is incredible! I love your image and the border punches add just a touch of elegance but don't over power. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete