Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Stamp Simply #152 - Pleated Ribbon

August 20th - ssnotime152 - Pleated Ribbon  - We know Sharon loves her ribbon and today she is sending a call for us to use it! Pleated Ribbon --- You can sew it in pleats, fold it, glue it, use tape..... somehow get some pleats in it! Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp, using Mr. Linky. See what Pleated Ribbon projects the team cooked up this week....our Ring Leader - Sharon, Janine OrchardA J OttoDeb SaarenenDeb NeermanBarb AndersBarb Schram and we have Charlene Driggs as our Guest Designer this month... Her blog is  Paper and Ink Playground.
I think my pleats came out more like a flouncey (bad) prom dress! I didn't want them neat and tight, since the paper was so loose and swirly.... I thought I would keep my pleats loose and swirly too. I used Inchie boards to create my center medallion. The bottom Ivory is a Twinchie (2" board) and I stamped and embossed the medallion directly on the board. Then I used a cat's eye ink pad to add aqua around the edges. I used another Inchie board (1"board) in the center just covering it up with some of the matching paper. Around the edges of the card I added some simple piercing. Finished card is 5 1/2" Square.

14 comments:

  1. GOOD prom dress -- LOL! Too funny! I LOVE it -- a pleated flower -- how PERFECT -- a great idea for this challenge -- lovely colors and GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I'm disappointed. I came all the way over here expecting to see a prom dress but instead you have this ... STUNNING CARD!!

    Love your pleated ribbon, Jenny, and that gorgeous DP!!

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool take on the ribbon treatment! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card...LOVE the color of that ribbon...so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had thought to do that with your ribbon from your kit! Perfect for someone who loves frilly stuff. Lovely job. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the prom dress comparison! I adore that ribbon and it works well for the pleats. Love your twinchie square! Nice kit card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your flouncey ribbon-pretty colors used-love the dp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your prom dress, LOL!!! Lovely color combo, Jenny, and that center medallion is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a GORGEOUS prom dress!! Love your take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Jenny! Love the colors and your pleated ribbon looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete