Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Stamp Simply #151 - a ONE Layer Card

August 6 - ssnotime151 - One Layer Card - Today's challenge is brought to us by Barbara Anders and here is what Barbara says:  I'm challenging everyone to make a one layer card. That means only the card base--not the base + one other layer--no layers allowed, LOL! Embellish however you want--ribbon, buttons, bling, scoring--anything goes, but no layers.  Sounds fun, Barbara -- can't wait to try this and anxious to see what everyone does!
Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp using Mr. Linky. See what ONE LAYER CARDS the team cooked up this week....our Ring Leader - Sharon, Janine OrchardA J OttoDeb SaarenenDeb NeermanBarb AndersBarb Schram and we have Charlene Driggs as our Guest Designer this month... Her blog is  Paper and Ink Playground.
I'll go ahead and confess right now...  the front panel is glued to a card base.... I totally cheated on the challenge. But there is no layered look to the card..... ONE LAYER.... IS TOUGH STUFF! When I read this challenge I about fell out of my chair. This truly was a challenge and even though my card is soooooo simple, I had to really think about this one! I am in love with Webster's Pages. I have not used much of it.... I'm still in the hoarding phase, where I just can't commit to cut up too much of it! I paired it up with the Life Lines Sentiment Set from Flourishes. I think these stamps and this Webster's paper were meant for each other! I used a Japanese Drill Punch to add holes down the side. I threaded a craft needle with ivory juste string and laced it up adding a bow on top. My stitching of course shows thru on the other side, but I made sure to keep it neat and tidy back there. Look how tiny my supply list is below!! Hanging my cheating head in shame..... could not follow the rules.

  • Stamps: Life Lines Set by Flourishes
  • Ink: Versafine Olympia Green
  • Paper: Webster's Pages and Kraft card base
  • Other: Jute String, Bow Easy


    16 comments:

    1. Sneaky, sneaky but oh so beautiful!! I may have to case this one. Love your stitching!

      ReplyDelete
    2. That is so pretty! It's amazing what can be done with one layer...but why does it have to seem so hard at first?

      ReplyDelete
    3. Gorgeous, Jenny! This sure looks like one layer to me ... and you've done a fabulous job with your one-layer creation!!

      LOVE that DP and that wonderful lacing.

      Have a great weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Beautiful! I don't know that I could go back to one layer.....I think you did a great job!

      ReplyDelete
    5. That card is beautiful, Jenny -- LOVE that DP!!! And yes, doing it that way does make it easier -- LOL!!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is my absolute favorite WP paper, as you might imagine. And you're right, it pairs beautifully with that sentiment. Very nice for a cheaty card....I don't want to hear any more about my cheaty words, or I'll remind you of your cheaty card!!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. GREAT idea with the laced up detail...you've nailed it, gal! Very pretty!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Cheater....cheater....... How I love this card! How else can you use DP except by gluing it to card stock? A very beautiful ONE layer card!

      ReplyDelete
    9. This is so pretty I won't report you to the layer police, Jenny, LOL! I love Webster's Pages paper and you're right--this paper and that sentiment belong together! Awesome stitching--love it all!

      ReplyDelete
    10. beautiful card and the lacing is a sweet touch

      ReplyDelete
    11. one layer cards are so hard but you made a wonderful creation...and stamping with Charlene...she is full of wonderful craftiness!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Wowsers, Jenny! Sure looks like a one layer to me...a beautiful one layer and terrific stitching at that!

      ReplyDelete
    13. This card is gorgeous! No need to hang head in shame! Love that stitching along the side! Must try sometime.

      ReplyDelete