Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reading and Writing

For this week's challenge call from Serendipity Stamps, we were asked to follow a theme of Writing or Reading. Please visit .... Amy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda to see what they created for this  challenge!

I love post card stamps.... dunno why... but I have a pretty good collection of them! I think most stampers have an image they gravitate to over and over again. I inked this stamp using Memento Rich Cocoa - it shows three postcards on the original image, then masked and repeated stamping the image to make a complete background. I used a Copic Marker E31 to add a little shading around the edges, using the Blender pen to make the line fade a bit. The brown card stock looks black in the pic.... but it is a very dark brown. Two simple ribbon strips with the sentiment popped up over them finish this card off.

8 comments:

  1. I love postcard stamps too! Great idea to highlight the postcards with copic. Great card. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I love how you layered them up... and just added the brown shading! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these postcards, too! Love the vintage look. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background you created-made a neat card. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant and delicate card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!
    I just got married a few weeks ago in an old post office. If only you would have made this sooner...I would so be CASEing this beauty!

    ReplyDelete