Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Remember When....

For the rest of the year I will be a Guest Desiginer for Serendipity Stamps, playing along in their challenges with the tremendously talented DT Team.  Love their beautiful images.... so I will be posting twice a month with their challenges, showing off some of my favorite images!  

For this challenge call we were asked to choose a classic image.... one that's been in the line for some time. Please visit some of these fun blogs to see some more amazing samples for this Classic Challenge.... Amy,  AnyaKathie and Lynda!
I chose this image of Hat Boxes to play with for this "Classic" challenge.... I have two new favorite Copic Colors... E70 Ash Rose and E71 Champagne.... First of I love just the names of those colors... I used the E70 to Airbrush a little color around the sentiment and the image. I just love the soft dusky pink tones. After coloring the hat boxes with Copics I used the blender pretty liberally to strip away some color trying to give them a faded and aged look. I used Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles to die cut the image and the second two thinner layers around it were hand cut with scissors. The hat box panel is raised with foam tape and the sentiment in curved with silicone supporting it, so that it will keep the "bend" in place.  I added the beads at the end of the hat pin-- keeping them held in place by adding a dab of Crystal Lacquer in the hole. This card is not a standard size, measuring at 4 1/2"x 6 1/2".

  • Stamps: All by Serendipity Stamps - #064H Hat Boxes, #307D Remember When...
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Grey Card Stock, DP is from The Paper Studio's Mirabelle Collection
  • Other: Hat Pin by Memory Box with Misc Beads at the end, Copics/ABS, Cuttlebug Folder by SU, Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles, Diminsional Silicone

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Those hat-boxes are so very pretty-great coloring. tfs

    Congrats on being a guest designer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit card! Nice job coloring the hat boxes - very vintage-y.
    Congrats on the guest designer gig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the vintage colors...I have been trying to do this vintage thing on something I am working on...let's just say...I am finding it not as easy as it looks! You always make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jenny! I love these hat boxes and your color and paper choices are simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Jenny - your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your cards, Jenny - ALL OF THEM! Always beautiful, crisp lines with wonderful elements!

    ReplyDelete