Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

IO Challenge - It's all about the Animals...

Today brings another challenge from the Impression Obsession Design Team.... the theme for today is the Animals!  Check out all the challenge details on the Impression Obsession Blog and play along with usHop around and see what animal projects were cooked up by the team.... Daniela DobsonDina Kowal, and Jeanne Streiff.

I know a dog on my blog.... SURPRISE!.... you could have bet on me making a kitty card, but you would have lost this one. I thought I would do a masculine dog card... break out and do something other than a cute little kitty cat. I have been wanting to practice coloring fur with Copics.... fur and skin always the hardest for me. This image has so much  shading, it makes it pretty easy and covers up my flaws. I used a few markers trying to add different tones.... E00, E31, Y21, YR31, E33 and E35. I sponged a little black ink around the edge of the stamped pieces and I also used the Woodgrain CB folder in the background. I'm loving all of the new CB folder that TIm Holtz designed. 

7 comments:

  1. Hey, it's RARE that I am the first commenter! The joys of insomnia...Very nice masculine card. We will miss you tomorrow... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhh, make that today....I need to get some sleep, obviously!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a tribute to man's best friend, Jenny! Absolutely gorgeous! I want to hug that dog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome coloring job!! This would be a great Male B-day card too. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card (even if it isn't a cute kitty)! Your coloring looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, it's not a cat! But a very wonderfully shaded dog. You did good on getting the colors right, not an easy thing to do with Retrievers. Love the embellishments and the brown and black colors are perfect for a guy card.

    ReplyDelete