Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

PINK Poinsettia

I know.... CHRISTMAS!!!! I have a few Christmas cards to share this week with you today and on Wednesday and Thursday too! Some CHA Sneaky Peeks will be showing up, so be sure and check back!

I think this would qualify as a CAS design. Pretty straight forward and not too fussy with a million layers. If I am doing multiples of a Christmas Card, this is exactly the type of design I would choose. 
I stamped the Poinsettia's on DP from October Afternoon and then cut them out, popping a little button bow in the center. I added some red sponging around the edges of the flowers too.  I love doing non-traditonal colors for Holiday cards.... I'll admit pink is a little off my path, but red and sky blue are some of my faves! The opal crystals added a just the right touch of sparkle. I curved the sentiment and added it with dimensional silicone. A cuttlebugged background is one the most simple and elegant looking backgrounds you can have on a card.... IMHO. On this card I embossed the red and ivory panel together, so the embossing is seamless on the two layers. Finished card is an A2.

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the design and the colors look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! Love that poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and doesn't look to hard to do. May just give this one a try. Think I have all the things to do it with. Thanks for the idea. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I really like your pink poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT COLOR COMBO.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors. I am refitting my kitchen in these colors so I was quite pleasantly suprised by your combo.

    ReplyDelete