Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Stamp Simply #145 - Color Challenge!

The Stamp Simply Challenge today is about COLOR, specifically using a few selected colors together. Here are the challenge details in Sharon's words and the color inspiration picture:
June 25 - ssnotime145 - A Color Challenge - Color challenges have always been my very favorite.  Choosing colors and patterns is my favorite part of the card-making process.  Our challenge colors today are YELLOW and GRAY with EITHER White or Ivory as your neutral and adding Black for a little POP is totally OK, too!  I'm sure we'll see some stunning creations with this striking color combo!
Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp using Mr. Linky. 
See what goodies the team cooked up this week....
our Ring Leader Sharon, Janine OrchardA J OttoDeb SaarenenDeb NeermanBarb AndersBarb Schram and we have Julia Aston with us this month as June's Guest Designer.
I don't believe I have ever used the colors on a card together. When I read the challenge, I wrinkled my nose a little bit because the colors are not something I would pull out together...... and then I had to take it all back. I loved the colors together! Reminding me once again why challenges and doing something different is GOOD! 
I created the center panel by combining Spellbinder's Labels 12 and the Lattice Pendant. I used foam tape to adhere the center stamped image to the Pendant and then bent the edges of the pendant up and in, framing the label. On the stamped image I used Copics to color adding a little C1 Grey over the yellow to tone it down a bit. I added a little inking to the stamped panels using a coal Cat's Eye. Who knew I had grey buttons in my stash??? I did! So I added a few and topped them with a little pearl for embellishments. Finished card size is an A2.

14 comments:

  1. WoWzA, this is stunning, Jenny! And omigosh, I LOVE that beautiful stamp!

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pearl accents are perfect for this card, the style is sophisticated and really lovely! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty shades together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant wonderful special card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stamp- the pretty framing and all the wonderful pearls on this Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the little silver beads and french script bg. I made a gray and yellow card a long time ago, and always loved that combination. I'll have to try and play this weekend! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. STUNNING! I love that image. Not a fan of yellow but you make it work! Love everything about this unusual card! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the filigreed French feel here Jenny...over the top fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat image and I like the script background. Pretty card using the challenge colors. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just terrific, Jenny! Love all the pearls and vintage looking images. The colors do look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so elegant, Jenny! Love that letter and your layout and all your little details! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS! I love those colors together too.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete