Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Stamp Simply #144 - Sketch Challenge!

This week we have a Sketch to play with for the Stamp Simply Challenge!
Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp using Mr. Linky. 
See what goodies the team cooked up this week....our Ring Leader Sharon, Janine OrchardA J Otto (taking tonight off)Deb SaarenenDeb NeermanBarb AndersBarb Schram and we have Julia Aston with us this month as June's Guest Designer.
I followed the sketch layout perfectly for this challenge. I loved coloring this hydrangea image... don't ask me what Copics I used.... there were many! I kept layering and adding colors. I think maybe I got too dark, but I know some serious Hydrangea Enthusiasts, so I am sure they will let me know if I missed the mark with my colors. I have some in my yard that are the deep blue and that's what I tried to replicate. I cut out the Hydrangea with a Scalloped Rectangle Nestie and matted it with blue and purple. The sentiment is a separate stamp. I used my Japanese Screw Punch to add holes in each scallop and then wound the ribbon up and over in to each hole, taping the ends on the backside. 

20 comments:

  1. Hey girl! This is just darling. I love your coloring. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Jenny! Love how you've colored that beautiful image and that unique ribbon treatment around it ... just lovely!

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and flowers! That flower reminds me of my violets (houseplants) also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO pretty in the purples Jenny and that stitched ribbon border looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coloring and the card! Blue is my favorite color. Great job. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your color job is spot on! You've inspired me to pull out this stamp and use it! Great pairing with the new embossing folder. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--your coloring is amazing here Jenny! The blues and lavenders are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card-like the ribbon treatment. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This is GORGEOUS! I had to pull my co-workers over to look at it! The colors are so pretty and lush. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOOhhhhhhh - I LOVE your deep colors! So striking and beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great coloring job, Jenny. They look real to me...

    SueP

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hydrangea is so pretty! LOVE the ribbon treatment too! Take good care, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Jenny! Love the bold colors and those flowers are colored perfectly! And I love that lacing around the image!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful. Love the colors, the ribbon treatment and that gorgeous embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is beautiful, love the rich color you achieved on the blossoms. The simple ribbon and button adornment is perfect. Might just have to get that embossing background, it is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course, it is drop dead gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, Jenny! I love hydrangeas and yours is gorgeous. The laced ribbon is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sew pretty! LOVE the button/ribbon treatment and cool threading!!!

    ReplyDelete