Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Stamp Simply #143 - Give it a Chance!


This week's Stamp Simply challenge is a good one! 
Here's the challenge in Sharon's words: 
Give it a Chance! - Today we are going to dig into our drawers, boxes or bags of those rejected or unfinished pieces — I KNOW we all have those containers.  Gosh, I have WAY too many of them.  Pull out a piece you started at some other time and for whatever reason you just never finished it and it ended up in that collection of *maybe I’ll use this someday* items.  Be sure to tell us what piece you have rescued and given  a 2nd chance to!  Should be fun!!!
Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp using Mr. Linky. 
See what goodies the team cooked up this week.... SharonBarb SchramJanine OrchardA J OttoDeb Saarenen (taking tonight off)Deb NeermanBarb Anders, Barb Schram and we have Julia Aston with us this month as June's Guest Designer.
I do have a "unfinished drawer" of craft projects that were abandoned for whatever reason. And today's project used a polished stone background that came from the drawer. About six month's ago I pulled the background out and embossed this quote in white on it. BUT then it went back in the drawer as I just couldn't find any paper to pair it up with. When this challenge came along I knew I would go pull this out.... I love quotes and I thought this would be perfect done up clean and simple. And it is very simple, I used a mat of white and green cardstock and added a white wrinkle ribbon bow, love this wrinkle ribbon! Of course I used the bow easy tool to make my double bow. 
  • Stamps: #D4513 Set your Angel free  by Impression Obsession
  • Ink: Versamark and White Detail EP
  • Paper: White, Green Polish Stone Background created on Glossy with Alcohol Inks
  • Other: White 1/2" Wrinkle Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool

16 comments:

  1. wow Jenny - your polished stone bg is just perfect for this sentiment - what a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wowzers Jenny, this is absolutely stunning! I love your desings, this is your most beautiful card to date, it's so incredible, I love the sentiment, it's a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, this is just beautiful! The quote is wonderful and on your polished stone even better! I love your layout as well!

    :)
    Kim P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the absolute perfect background for that quote. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! I'd like to have your unfinished stuff... ! That background is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simple lines, the colours of this card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background-love the technique and the quote. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Jenny! Love this work-of-art!

    Have a fabulous weekend, Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely...you do make the best sentiment cards around girlie! What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, Jenny! It is simple but gorgeous in every way! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Polish Stone background and that quote is so beautiful. Wonderful job creating this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this sentiment. I've never read this one before and it is fantastic. Your paper is perfect for it and your card turned out wonderfully! Love your work! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have loved this quote ever since I read a biography of Michelangelo many, many years ago. You gave it life, as did he. Thank you! Card is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete