Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Stamp Simply #142- Sweet Stuff!


June 4, 2010 - ssnotime142 - Sweet Stuff! 

The first challenge of the month we take turns hosting the theme and today's challenge is from me! The challenge is keepin' it simple and create a card or a project featuring something SWEET.... a cake, cupcake or candy! It can be a stamp image, paper or an embellishment -- whatever you have in your stash that fits the theme. Can't wait to see all your SWEET creations! 
Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp using Mr. Linky. 
See what goodies the team cooked up this week.... SharonBarb SchramJanine OrchardA J OttoDeb SaarenenDeb NeermanBarb Anders and we have Julia Aston with us this month as June's Guest Designer.

A simple layout for this sweet little cupcake. Very simple, just a few layered strips on the card base and a center panel popped up with foam tape. I used one of the new cupcakes from Impression Obsession. It's not in the online store yet, but most stores already have the new cupcakes in stock. I colored the cupcake using Copic Markers and then cut it out. 
I gave a little bendy shape to the cupcake and the sentiment, just curling it around my fingers and used silicone to attach both. My jute string wasn't quite a perfect match to the color of my paper so I just touched it up randomly with an R32 Copic to deepen the color. After going over the string with the Copic all the teensy strings started coming undone and you can see my bow got a little hairy looking!!! LOL! I wanted to keep the color scheme really simple and on the cupcake I used only two Copics R37 and R32 on the icing - I added a little dab of Rock Candy Distress Stickles over the polka dots. I used E00 for a little shading on the bottom of the cupcake. Finished card is an A2 tent card. 
  • All stamps by Impression Obsession - #D8443 Surprise Cupcake, #B8455 A bit Sweeter
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black and Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP by October Afternoon, Black, Neenah Peppercorn
  • Other: Cuttlebug Lg Polka Dots Folder, Copics, Jute String, Corner Rounder, Paper Silicone, Bow Easy Tool

11 comments:

  1. Yummy...I have to go find a goodie now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Jenny! Love the design and all the 'sweet' details ... and I think your twine looks fabulous!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Love the bright color and wrapped fibers. Wonderful, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cupcake!!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great flowered top cupcake Jenny! I love the colors of your card and that wrapped twine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Jenn, I've been dieting and that cupcake looks delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMee Jenny! What pretty colors here too! Thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cupcake, Jenny--love your color combo! Thanks for a FUN challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, this card is a realy treat to look at. Love the colors and the twine bow.
    Oh and by the way your watermark is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that cupcake, so different with the bow on top! Beautiful card chick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card!! Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete