Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

IO Challenge - Going to the Beach!


IO Challenge - Let's go to the Beach!

It's Card Challenge Time with the Impression Obsession Design Team. As always you can play along and WIN some $$! So check out the rules right here on the IO Blog and join in the fun.
The IO Design Team has their Summertime Beach cards all ready for you to check out! Making this card had me ready to pack car and hit the road to a sandy, sunny destination. Check out we we cooked up for you today, Here are links to get you there: Daniela DobsonDina KowalJeanne StreiffJulie KoerberKathy Menzies and Laura Fulcher.



I inked up this beach chair image and added color with Copics. I paired it up with some beachy themed paper from Creative Imaginations, although I ended up covering all the paper's designs up. That is where my Beach Days Banner came from, cut from the paper..... I curled it around my fingers adding a little bend and adhered it using paper silicone.  I did a little light airbrushing around the image and added some little doodling dots on the border.  I used a hole punch to create notches in the side of the panel, to secure the jute string in place and then just wound the string around the panel. Impression Obsession has an entire section of stamps devoted to Nautical/Beachy themed images and you can check them out HERE

10 comments:

  1. I wondered where you got that "Beach Days" stamp then I read you cut the sentiment from your paper...super clever! Love this card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love your punched holes for the string - great idea! And great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very relaxing image. Makes me feel like putting on the suntan lotion,grabbing a Jane Austen and sitting back and enoying the beach. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jenny, this makes me think of home. I grew up on the Shore in New Jersey and have not been home in years. I miss the ocean! This is fabulous, love the bright colors, the perfect summer image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I want to be sitting in that chair right now! Great vacation card. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Jenny, that is not just a pretty card! That is soaking in the warmth of the day too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I was so close to choosing this stamp because it really captures the beach/summer. I especially love how you put all the various layers together. I need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is toooo fun Jenny! Love the bright colors and the way you matched up the dp. Literally, it's a breath of fresh air! I wish I could be there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny! Wish I was sitting somewhere on a warm beach myself! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man I hate that I missed this one, I have the cutest beach IO set. Your card is so pretty. I miss playing along with the IO challenges. Maybe after I get moved and settled in Houston I can get going again. Right now I'm barely hanging on with my design committments. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete