Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

a hundred flowers....

Prickley Pear has a Sketch Challenge up for today and I was able to get a card done just in the nick of time to get posted. You can find all the details about the challenge on the Prickley Pear Blog.

I'm in love with this paper pad, OK... I know tomorrow I will fall in love with something else.... but today I love this paper the most! Something about the flowers and bright colors make it feel really summery and happy to me. And then I thought of this quote in my Prickley Pear stash and this card was born. Some of the flowers on the printed paper are glazed too, so it looks better in person. In the background I used a Cuttlebug Folder and then higlighted the embossing with my baby brayer and Marvy's Pale Orange. I ran it over the embossing very lightly and not evenly at all... just wanted a little extra oomph in the background. 
On the oval.... I added a few stitch marks with an Orange Souffle pen.... love that they are opaque and you can use them on darker color papers. I also used a Blue glaze pen and added some little mini dots on the orange cardstock layers. I really liked how everything came together in the end. I even had the perfect color flowers in my stash! 
  • Stamps: #EE0082M - gladdest thing by Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
  • Ink: Sentiment stamped in Versafine Deep Lagoon, Marvy Pale Orange was sponged on the strip and brayered over the Cuttlebug background panel.
  • Paper: DP is from the 6x6 Tea at Elsies by Kaisercraft, Orange, Pacific Blue by SU, Pale Yellow
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder "Gridlock" from Tim Holtz's Collection,  Misc. Flowers, Misc. Button, White Jute String, Blue Glaze Pen, Orange SoufflĂ© Pen

9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. What wonderful colors, no wonder it's "today's" favorite! I love your use of the brayer. It justs adds to the overall look. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! It's such a cool effect that you achieve with your baby brayer. I know you have posted it before, but can you post what brand and where you found the baby brayer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, LOVE THE COLORS!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL CARD! Love these colors together. Have to get some of that paper!! You did a great job on this card! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. And look at you with that little bow in your button! Thought you said you couldn't do that?! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty. It is lovely like a summery bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I have to finally break out the brayer and give this a try. Jenny, this card is really pretty and reminds me of a plate my grandmother used to serve me cookies on.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous!!!! AMAZING flowers in wonderful colors, I'm in love with that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, love it! That paper makes me happy, too. I can't wait to get into it this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.

    SueP Imaymakeitafterall

    ReplyDelete