Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Same stamp, Different look.......

Both of these cards use the same same stamp. 
When they showcase cards in the magazines.... using one stamp in different ways, it always catches my eye. 


This first card is in black and white and is a quickie to make. I stamped the image and then used a 1" punch to cut out squares from the floral part of the image. Another punch (1 1/4") makes quick work of the layering. The floral squares are popped up using foam tape. Some layering and some skirt ribbon to complete the card..... I went a little nuts with the stitch marks. 

This card shows the image in full. This is from the Beauty Within set from Flouishes. The images in the set are designed to look like stained glass and they coordinate with nestie labels to make adding mats simple. I colored the flowers and leaves with Copics, leaving the background white. The sentiment is also from the set. When I added the jute string.... I lay down a piece of score tape, then wrap it around.... each time the jute wraps, the tape grabs it and holds it right in place! The bow was added after all the wrapping. I made a multiple loop bow using the Bow Easy and then cut the tails off and glued it down. Both cards are an A2.

8 comments:

  1. Both cards are striking Jenny, I can't choose a favorite, there are so many elements in each card that I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, both are stunning cards. Like Jerri, I am unable to choose between the two.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are wonderful...great layouts and striking colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are terrific, Jenny! Love the black/white and really love all the red in the second one Totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards - love how it shows the versatility of stamps. They are even better in person, of course, but you have captured them very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous stamp set and you have showcased them perfectly. I love both the cards, but the red is very dramatic. Great job, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny
    Love both of your cards. I always like to see different ways that a stamp can be used. TFS.
    Hugs
    Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. JUST BEAUTIFUL JENNY! Love the rich reds and that bit of black contrast!!

    ReplyDelete