Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Stamp Simply #140 - Gone Askew!

Sharon issued a fun challenge for today. Play along and link your project on Sharon's blog, No Time to Stamp using Mr. Linky.  Here is how Sharon explains today's theme....

May 21 - "ssnotime140" - Gone Askew 
Today's challenge is something I like to fall back on if I'm in a super hurry to make a card because it's just so easy -- place your focal image askew on your card -- no trying to center it or mat it perfectly -- just place it askew.  I love this look and it just doesn't get any easier!!!  I'm so anxious to see your askew creations!
---------------------------
Check out the beautiful samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: our Challenge Mom - SharonJanineAJDeb Neerman, BarbaraBarb Schram, and our May guest designer is Teresa Kline, her blog is Enjoy the VA Sunshine.
I chose to make the shape of my stamped panel "askew".  Not using Nesties or punches, but just cutting straight lines to make an odd shape. I also wrapped the jute string around the edges in a willy nilly fashion. I have had this stamp for awhile and thought it paired up perfectly with Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers Paper Collection.  I love this paper, well I like the kitties a wee bit more than the dog papers.... but they are all pretty cute and have a playful feel to them and I thought it was a good fit with the theme of having things a little off kilter from the norm. 

16 comments:

  1. what a great card...the DP really compliments this cute sentiment...and woo hoo 150!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this is so adorable and so beautifully done! LOVE that cool stamp and that fab DP ... a great "askew" card!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the askew challenge...perfect...have a fabulous weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up this Basic Grey paper ~ now I can't wait to use it! I love the white embossed cardstock on the edge. It makes those buttons just pop! The sentiment goes perfectly. DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is precious!!!!
    cute
    cute
    cute

    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one made me laugh!!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that sentiment is so funny and goes "purr-fectly" with your paper. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very cool...LOVE the papers, textures, and of course, that funky sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute card...love how you cut in the wild shape and your BG paper is adorable. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great sentiment!! Love how you cut it out and skewed it, too! Great card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card!!! I love that sentiment stamp... and I also have the BG DP used here... what a fun stack of paper that is, huh?!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What darling designer paper, Couldn't be cuter! LOVE the sentiment too! Take good care, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS CARD!! And I'm not saying that just because I'm a cat lover!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this, Jenny!! And the angle of the focal image goes perfectly with the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Can't wait to get hold of some of that BasicGrey dsp.
    Stopped by your blog because my cat's name is Jenny:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hysterical and "Oh so true" . . . LOL! I love it Jenny!

    ReplyDelete