Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Stamp Simply #137 - 3D Flowers

Sharon issued a challenge to create or use 3D flowers on your project this week.
Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp. Play along and link your project with Mr. Linky on No Time to Stamp, Sharon's blog! Check out the beautiful samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Tammy, Janine, AJ, Deb Neerman, Barbara, Barb Schram, and Jennifer. Our April guest designer is Teresa Kline, her blog is Enjoy the VA Sunshine.


I created two cards for today's challenge using the NEW Outlines stacking Wavy Posy Flowers. The stamps have really open flower petals making them ideal for paper piecing. The flowers also have an extra "edge" in the image you can see it on the blue flowers. I cut the edge off the yellow flowers, giving them a different look. Also they created a set of six different sentiment centers you can pop in the middle of the flowers. A smart way to create a fun floral card for any occasion, and I like when I can use something in more than one way! I popped the sentiment circle up on a button for the first card. All of the DP on both cards is from the October Afternoon's Fly a Kite Collection.... I'm just loving it and it might not leave my desk until I have used it up!




The second card I made uses the same style stamps. I stamped and cut out two flowers from the checked paper and then colored that extra edge with a Copic, helping to give the impression of more layers than there really is. I tucked some punched leaves under the blossom as well. To create the striped Cuttlebug background - I glued my yellow strip to the aqua paper, cut it to size, then ran both thru the CB folder. A few extra layers and DONE.




  • Stamps: All stamps are from Outlines: Wavy Posy Series #G-1026, #E-1027, #D-1028 and Posy Greeting Centers #F-1049 (These stamp are not available online from Outlines, but you can find them in stores now)
  • Paper: October Afternoon's Fly a Kite Collection, Neenah Peppercorn Ivory, Pale Yellow, Aqua, Black
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Other: Copic Marker, SU Branch Punch, Cuttlebug Folders, Misc Ribbon

21 comments:

  1. these are very stylish! Love the sentiment in the centre of the flowers! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Really liked the addition of the punched leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty, Jenny! LOVE that fabulous DP you used ... and your gorgeous flowers. These are some very impressive blossoms!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, can't decide which one I Love most!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny - Nicely done!! Love that flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are gorgeous Jenny! Can't make up my mind which I like best . . . both are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent cards - love them both. That OA paper is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely flowers and cards-love the middle sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...love these. You are such an enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABulous layers and colors here Jenny! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU have been busy! Both cards are super! It is wonderful to see how the different papers take shape with the same flower! Take good care, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What neat designs, Jenny! That flower is gorgeous and I LOVE the patterns you used!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a very darling card and fun, FUN flowers you've created! LOVE that paper, too!!! GREAT 3D challenge card - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a very darling card and fun, FUN flowers you've created! LOVE that paper, too!!! GREAT 3D challenge card - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous, Jenny! LOVE those dimensional flowers!! Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great cards and would make an awesome gift set. Wonderful! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning. Love them both. I think I want to join this challenge so off I go to create a card or two.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Jenny, these are great. That is a very cool and handy stamp and I love your choice of papers on both cards. Very clever to color the edge on the second card to give the illusion of more layers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are really great!Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, Jenny, one of your other "friends" did not send you the Sunshine Award, so I guess QueenMarcy has to do it???!!!! You can see it linked on my blog. The award is for "spreading sunshine".............oops, wait, I just realized WHY the other "friend" may not have sent it to you??? *hehehehehe*
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jenny
    Love the second card. I like how you did the 3 panels in the background and paper pieced the petals and the sentiment in the middle of the flower, very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete