Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stamp Simply #133 - Chipboard Challenge

Stamp Simply #133 - April 2nd - Chipboard Challenge
As the first challenge of a new month one of the DT members gets to call the shots -- Janine was up this month and issued today's challenge call -- Telling us to get busy using all the chipboard we have bought and stashed. A great challenge for me, because that summed it up -- I have large chipboard, pieces, alphabets... you name it... but I never reach for it. A great reminder to use stuff that you stash in drawers!!

Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp. Play along and link your project with Mr. Linky on No Time to Stamp, Sharon's blog! Check out the beautiful samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Tammy, Janine, AJ, Deb Neerman, Barbara, Barb Schram, and Jennifer. Our April guest designer joins us for the Chipboard Call, the talented Teresa Kline, her blog is Enjoy the VA Sunshine.

So I think I did good and kept things simple on my card. I'm always afraid Sharon is gonna give me the boot for breaking the simple rule with twenty layers!!! LOL! Only three layers tonight, I was short on time! Really, this is a simple one, I didn't even fuss it up with any doodles. I liked the combination of the taupe color and the clean crisp white. All of the paper on this card is from the Juliette Collections from SEI. The collection features a lot of pink too, but I chose pieces that just had this pretty taupe color and then mixed in some bright white card stock. A simple layout of paper panels and a strip of ribbon to border, I use Scor-Pal tape to hold my ribbon strips.

Oh yeah, where is my chipboard??? I covered a piece of chip board with another piece of patterned paper and then die cut it with a Peony Shaped Nestie. I bought the coordinating epoxy embellishments to match the paper (of course) and added that on top of my covered chip board! When I looked at that sticker, it reminded me of the similar Nestie shape and I think they paired up nicely. A very simply stamped sentiment, which I curved just running it thru my fingers to bend. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine's Smokey Grey -- which was a perfect match to the color on my paper, sometimes it just all comes together! Finished card size is a 5" Square.

17 comments:

  1. this is so pretty...love the monochromatic and soothing colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Jenny! I love that color palette, your chipboard flower, and the pretty ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love that color combo. Another very nice CAS card from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these colors are soooo elegant..I luv this...hope your day is filled with sunshine!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this Jenny!! Have a fabulous Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colors on this! what pretty chipboard circles too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, your card looks gorgeous! LOVE the paper you chose.
    Have a great Easter weekend
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super smart on the covering of the chipboard. Love the taupe...very classy. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous, Jenny! Love how you covered your chipboard and then cut it out! And I love the crisp look of the taupe and white, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh beautiful! LOVE the soft and natural tones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors you chose are incredibly pleasing to the eye, and I REALLY like that chipboard/sentiment accent! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That embellishment goes perfectly with the Peony die-cut chipboard, Jenny! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the covered chipboard, with the matching embellishment! Such a classy looking card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous, Jenny! I love the monochromatic tones of this beautiful creation! I'm going to enter the Stamp Simply challenge this week - think I'll get the boot for too many layers too?

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Very warm and elegant at the same time.

    ReplyDelete