Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quickie Folding Note



A while ago I was looking thru the Scor-Pal site for some folded note projects and found this easy little fold over card. Here is a link to the tutorial on Scor-Pal. If you have not spent any time on the Scor_pal site, please take a few minutes and check out the amazing tutorials they have listed on the Projects Page! They have an great list of projects made especially for and with the Scor-Pal. 


I did change it up just a bit from the original idea and added the punched edge. My card is also double layered -- one piece of rust card stock and then the second layer is the Floral paper. This helped give it some sturdiness and I love that the inside is different than the outside base, you get the same look with double sided paper, but I really liked the added layer to help it stay strong. I used a Hero Arts Butterfly colored with Copics to match my paper. I added a dab of silicone right next to the body, to help pop the wings. Martha Stewart satin ribbon to make the band, attaching the two ends under the butterfly's base. The yummy paper on this card is from Kaisercraft's Devonshire Collection.
This little fold over note reminded me of the stationery kits I used to use when I was a girl. They folded up and usually a sticker was used to seal the flap. Anyone else remember those? 



Here is a similar card, but I used a Prima Flower for the embellishment and more paper to make the belly band. These were so quick and easy to make (and fun) that I can see making coordinating sets of them to give as gifts. 

13 comments:

  1. Wow, love your card, the colors are gorgeous!! What punch did you use on the bottom? I love it.

    smallcity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny - you were sooooo missed! Hope your girly vacation was a good one but I was bereft when you were gone! Love these fold-over cards, and yes, I do remember them and their matching stickers. Sprinkle too, looks gorgeous - amazing coloring. I love your creations best when you just play in your studio, without rules and regs. That's when your mojo really shines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Buffalo, NY! These are beautiful cards Jenny! I love using my Scor-Pal and can't wait to try one of these. What size do they end up being? Thanks for sharing! debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, just gorgeous! I so admire the clean precision of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable. Yes, I remember the stationery you described from younger days. I had lots of penpals so I used those pretty folding cards constantly. (Perhaps this resulted in my present love of card-making!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thanks for the scorepal links...I have always meant to browse their site...I just get sidetracked looking at fun projects like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice crads!! Thanks for the link to Score Pal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this great gift idea...and the DP is gorgeous...TFS.

    Stampin' HUGZ
    Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is very sweet, love that paper. Great coloring on the butterfly to match the paper. Hope you had fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this fold-over card. Love my score-pal too. Thanks for the reminder to check their website.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are gorgeous!!!! Love the paper, love the design, and especially love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Jenny. Will have to give it a go, long time since I made a card like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice, love those bright, big florals! Cool card, I'll have to try a few of these myself, been awhile since I used my scor-pal! I had a few of those stationary kits when I was younger too, loved them! Thanks for sharing your cards and the links.

    ReplyDelete