Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

IO Challenge - Back to High School

The Impression Obsession Challenge for today was a different one..... All of our cards are using different colors. We were challenged to create a card using our High School colors, obviously mine were green and white.
Check out what every one has cooked up with their colors ..... Deborah March, Dina Kowal, Jeanne Streiff, Kathy Menzies and Laura Fulcher. As always you can play along with the challenges and your card will be posted on the IO blog and you get a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to shop. Check out all the rules and details on the IO Blog.

It was more difficult than I thought it would be to create a green and white only card. I could only think about doing St. Patrick s Day or a Golf card. I used a Father's Day Golf Clear Set to stamp the sentiment and the little golf green. I also used the Wood Grain background inked with Certainly Celery to add an additional layer. I used two Copics to color my simple image YG03 and YG05.

I embossed half of the white background using a Cuttlebug Folder, the other half I used my Scor-Pal to emboss repeated lines next to each other. It's hard to see in the picture, and this is one that looks better in person than in a photo. Finished card is 5 3/4" Square.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Impression Obsession #CL232 Tee Party Clear Set, Wood Grain Background
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Certainly Celery by SU
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Misc. DP
  • Other: Brads by Basic Grey, Scor-Pal, Cuttlebug Folder, Copics

7 comments:

  1. This is a really nice card for any age male, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! These colors would also be good for a baby card. Love those little extras you do like the 2 textures you used on the background...cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Jenny! It certainly doesn't look like it was difficult for you ... but then, you always make it look easy, lolol! And what a great challenge theme, too.

    And I have to ask: what is that embossing on the white card stock? Is that an embossing folder? I don't recognize the pattern, but it's fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for this challenge...I can see where basically one color would be hard to do, but as always, you came up with a great theme that worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layout on this card.. It looks terrific.. Great job Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *giggles* Good job answering the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really cute card, Jenny. I really like how you embossed and scored too. I am going to try to remember to do that too. A really great Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete