Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Trellis Rose

I made this card using the Around the Arbor set from Flourishes. I thought the trellis and rose were so pretty and you can also match up the edges of the trellis image to build this out in to a large trellis scene. I used Copics to color and then cut out the image with Spellbinder's Labels 8 Nesties. The additonal layers behind the image I just hand trimmed using scissors. The scalloped edges are from the Martha Stewart Trellis punch, but I didn't use the trellis part, just the edge. The white was too white in the background so I toned the white areas down using a Grey Copic and also used the same marker to darken the white silk ribbon just a tad.

4 comments:

  1. Great shading on the trellis! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring on a beautiful image. I like your layout, everything ties together, and the use of the grey copic to tone down the white, neat idea!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the earthy feel to this one Jenny! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete