Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Glitzy Butterfly

This is another simple little card, featuring Microfine Glitter. I used the Spellbinder's Butterfly die to create my dazzling die cuts. The bottom butterfly is a solid butterfly image and I cut it out from Scor-Pal 6x6 Sheets, double sided peel off tape sheets. I applied my MicroFine Glitter by just dumping it on and then burnishing down with a bone folder. I used a little 3d Silicone under the top Butterfly wings (right next to the body) to keep the wings propped up. A simple layout and card with a little glitz!

  • Stamps: Sentiment from Flourishes - Tag Lines
  • Ink: Versafine Imperial Red
  • Paper: DP from my Mind's Eye, Yellow, Red
  • Other: Scor-Pal Tape, Scor-Pal 6x6 Sheets, Spellbinder's Butterfly die, Silicone Glue, Micro Fine Glitter, Black Fine Tip Pen, Misc. Ribbon

12 comments:

  1. Look at you, using glitter like a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Jenny, this is such a fun card!!! I love butterflies and this one is fabulous...love it!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a way to brighten my day! Great - happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty butterfly! I have this die but have not layered it with a glittered piece. Great idea...and pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty butterfly! I have this die but have not layered it with a glittered piece. Great idea...and pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny,
    Love your bright and summery card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute and happy card indeed--great idea to stick that glitter under there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! this cheery card put a smile on my face this morning! So Pretty!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neato! Love that touch of glitter as a sweet surprise tucked under the wings. Awesome! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun and cheery. Love the sparkle and pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever, very pretty too! Love how you did that butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete