Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Birds on a Wire

OK -- so I have been absent.... I have not been able to tear myself away from playing with my ipad and reading books on it. I am amazed with what the ipad can do and how fast it is. I absolutely love it!
So..... a quickie post and a quickie card for today. I used Micro Fine Glitter and Scor-Tape to create the glittered borders along side the birdie DP. Peel back the tape liner, apply glitter and burnish it down using a bone folder. pretty quick and easy. Being a non-glitter girl.... this has a totally unique appeal that is different than normal glitter. It lies completely flat after you burnish it down and has none of the chunky glitter feel or look. Most importantly it does not rub off on your fingers.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession: Tweet Life # CL256
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP by My Minds Eye, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Microfine Glitter, Scor-Pal Tape, Red Crystals, Spellbinder's Classic Circle Nesties, 1/8" White Silk Ribbon

17 comments:

  1. Very cute card. But you're still a bum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny! This cracks me up!!! Hooked on your new IPad...I'm envious! But I like your card... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those birdies! The paper and the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger acting up today and doesnt want me to leave you a comment...weird!! Cute card..the image and DP are perfect together. I am not going to tell my daughter what you are saying about the Ipad...she just got the Kindle and is reading constantly, and now wants the new google phone instead of her Iphone...I am sure the Ipad is on her list...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jenny. "Burnished Velvet" is one of my favorite techniques - isn't it fun?

    I spend a lot of time at Be Creative (Heraldine is one of the two ladies who developed the technique)and I look at everything in her store..."Can I glitter this?".

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute GF!!! Just saw the ipad on TV...you lucky girl...I think it looks really cool!!!

    Hope you are enjoying our hot weather??? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute GF!!! Just saw the ipad on TV...you lucky girl...I think it looks really cool!!!

    Hope you are enjoying our hot weather??? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card with birdies on it! Love the sparkliness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this one. Where did you get that precious background birdie paper???
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  10. You lucky little birdie!!! An iPAD - Wow! I'm so tempted but I keep telling myself I already have an iPhone, MacBook and Mac desktop......... I swear if I don't shut down the computer tonight I'm gonna' order one!
    BTW - love the birdie card. Is that microfine glitter as neat as you describe????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. The paper is just perfect for the image you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Can't wait to see that glitter in person. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really cute card and love how that DP is perfect for your birdies!

    ReplyDelete