Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Pretty in Pink....


I just got the floral punch I used, one of Martha's... and wanted to test it out. It worked beautifully, punching out the little petals easily. I bent the flower petals back and forth to give the some life and also used 3-D silicone in between a few of them. The top flower was cut down in to three pieces tucking the ends under my pearl center.

To add on the sentiment at the bottom of the panel, I used wide ribbon folded in half... I added a piece of Scor-Pal tape in the fold so it would stay just as I wanted it to. Since I used Black ink to stamp the sentiment I added a few black stitch marks to the edges. Final card size is an A-2.
  • Stamps: Sentiment is from Prickley Pear : The Gladdest Thing #EE0082M
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Peppercorn, Misc. DP
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder, Martha Stewart Mum Floral Punch, Wide Satin Ribbon, Lg. Pearl, 3D Silicone Glue, Corner Rounder

19 comments:

  1. This has got to be one of your best ever! Oh so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very elegant!! Love it! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgeous-love the colors and the mum flower punch-will have to look for it as I seen it on another card today and really like it. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh La La, very pretty (especially for someone who does not like pink).
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Pink!! Kit card!!!

    SueP IToldYouSo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny
    Love your card and the flower is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, I love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and feminine. I'm trying to figure out how it's a kit card - the ribbon? Anyway, the flower is very cool and the dp is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm discovering how very much I love Pink! Beautiful card! I must look for this punch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've recently purchased this flower punch but haven't used it yet. I LOVE the way you used it! Thanks for jumpstarting me...this is one of your prettiest cards yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jenny, every time I come to your blog, I wish one IOTA of your elegant style would rub off on me! This is GORGEOUS Chickadee!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to stay away!! This card is yummmy beautiful, and I want that punch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And we are back to pink again, lol. I just know you are doing this for me. I love what you did with that flower punch, guess I am going to have to buy it. I have been eyeing but now you made it so I HAVE to get it. What a beautiful card, love the clean lines and soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful and love the colors. I've looked at the punch, and guess now I'll have to buy it. Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog and this card is beautiful. I was wondering if you have tried punching the flowers with regular cardstock. I have such a hard time getting it to cut. Also, do the little pieces stay in the punch after you cut the flowers? I was just wondering if I had gotten a bad punch and need to exchange it. If you could let me know, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Susan
    susanbajdek@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! That flower is fabulous girl and the colors are so soft and pretty, a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete