Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Our Creative Corner - a Color Challenge

Over at the OCC, our March Hostess, Silke gave us a Color Challenge for today. Silke says --- PINK, BROWN, GREEN and YELLOW. This is an interesting combo! Check out all the challenge details, the prize package up for grabs this week on the OCC BLOG and see the cool samples that the other ladies came up with for this challenge!

I had a really hard time using all these colors together. I couldn't find any paper that really had all the colors mixed together.... so I went with an image that I thought I could incorporate them in to. Using a brand new release from Flourishes "A Friendly Reminder" and a new Nestie shape Labels 11, I'm loving lots of new goodies lately!! I used a Cuttlebug Folder to create the embossed background and airbrushed some clear tiles, changing them to pink.... adding those in the little embossed diamonds. I curved the nestie and used 3D Silicone to adhere to the panel, the silicone will hold the curved shape. Final card size is an A2.

18 comments:

  1. Love the image and you did a great job coloring and airbrushing! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a fantastic job with these colours!!!!! And I absolutely love the diamonds!!!!! A stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some GORGEOUS coloring, Jenny!!! THis is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, this is gorgeous! I love the coloring of the image--fabulous! And the background embossing...I'm going to look into that folder! You airbrushed the tiles..oh my goodness!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jenny! Your scene is lovely! You've captured sunrise/sunset beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that new stamp from Flourishes. Great choice for this challenge. Your coloring is gorgeous - love all your special touches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful, Jenny - that image is gorgeous and so is your coloring. I love your new Nesties and the cool BG you made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Jenny! What a neat background using the CB folder! The diamonds are so pretty along with your airbrushed background.

    Have a fun weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card! The new stamps from Flourishes make my mouth water. I really want this set for my very own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. Love the soft feel this card has.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. Love the soft feel this card has.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Love the soft feel this card has.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey GF - sorry these colors gave you a hard time. I love how your card turned out and you colored the new FLLC image beautifully!!!
    Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice coloring and airbrushing. I want to airbrush like you when I grow up...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you are right, that is a very interesting color combo and you have used it perfectly. The yellow around the birdhouse and shining out of it make it look very homey. Wow, those tiles are really cool. Lovely card, Jenny, much more my colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very pretty. I love the soft colors with the brown.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete