Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

OCC - Sketch Challenge

March brings a new hostess over at the OCC Blog, the fabulous Silke is starting off the month with a sketch challenge. The design team cooked up some cool and very creative cards using this sketch. Be sure and check 'em out, you can find links to all the ladies on my side bar or hop on over to the OCC Blog! I kept pretty much to the sketch.... Silke knows where I live.... don't wanna break her rules. Find the sketch and all the details of how to play along on the OCC Blog!



I used one of the new Flourishes sets "From the Garden" to create my little flower, which I do know is a geranium and I have successfully grown these! Not much of a green thumb here, but as long as you water this one and set it in the Summer sun... it does just fine! I used Curious Cryogen to stamp on, coloring with Copics... a little soft green airbrushing around the edge of the stamped panel. I followed Silke's sketch adding the sentiment in the bottom right corner.... stamping on my pattern paper -- love this and always forget to do it. Finished card is 5" Square.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Flourishes: From the Garden, Tag Lines
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP from October Afternoon "Good Cheer Collection", Curious Cryogen White, Neenah Classic Peppercorn
  • Other: Adhesive Brads, Martha Stewart Basket Weave Border Punch, Copics/ABS

24 comments:

  1. That is a pretty pot of flowers and card-like the simple sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this. Will get out my trellis punch! Great coloring and you know how I love a square card! Great job. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the border punch; it looks like garden-y. You image is colored so pretty and I love the softness you added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card - it definitely has the perfect garden feel. Your image is beautiful and fabulously done with the coloring and airbrushing. I love how you used the DP for the layers - I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooOOOOoo... you're right, we were on the same wave length! :-) What a cute layout -- love this! I'll have to give this sketch a try! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh!!! That red border panel is SPECTACULAR!!!! Gorgeous creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMBO...that's right I know where you live!!! I'm glad you like the Sketch and stuck to it :)!!! It surely turned out GORGEOUSLY!!! Love this sweet FLLC image and you colored it perfectly!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! That's nice that you live nearby someone you know in blogland. I guess I do too, but I only know of the ladies I live nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too funny! Glad you managed to stick to the sketch! This is just wonderful...love the DP, the geranium, the coloring...love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! I love every detail!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. Love the punched border and the red color is so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful design and coloring Jenny! After reading your post, I see the airbrushing - VERY cool!

    Hope your off to a fun weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Card! Love the papers you used to coordinate with your colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous, Jenny. I really love the DP and the colors here. I LOVE geraniums and you have colored it so beautifully. I need to check out that new set from Flourishes! You rocked this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful once again.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card - a happy hello, indeed! You've colored your geraniums (which are one of the few plants I'm successful with, too!) perfectly and that punch was made for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Jenny!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your paper combo. Just a real nice card. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card; love the colors--the dp works so well with your image, and I like that lattice border. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jenny, your card is totally fabo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. good blog friends! Post your article which is also useful for readers and to share information or experiences you have. I will visit your blog again. thank you very much. i love you full http://www.male-sexual.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job on the coloring! This reminds me of my grandmother. She always had geraniums and she loved green and red color combos. It's beautiful, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete