Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

OCC - Sketch Challenge from Silke!

So today is Silke's last challenge for the month of March at the OCC. She issued a sketch challenge for today. Today is also the last challenge for both Silke and I with the OCC, as our year has flown by. I have enjoyed being a part of the weekly challenges immensely and creating along side so many talented ladies! So being the last challenge and since my pal Silke created the sketch... I followed the layout to a "T". Hop over to the OCC Blog and see if everyone else followed the sketch with the cards they created. There's usually one that strays.... and it is usually me!!! But not this week! LOL! We also have Robin Kirkpatrick as a guest designer today at the OCC, her blog is Robin's Rubber Room, hop over and show her some love!

Using Silke's Sketch and Basic Grey's Green at Heart Collection of papers, this is the card that I cooked up. I used Copics to color the birdies and the cages - I added some clear Spica over the cages too.

When I use jute string and wrap it around like this, I lay down a piece of Scor-Pal tape where I want the string to end up, then each time I wrap the string it adheres and stays in it's place, nice and neat! I added few stitch marks to finish things off. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession: Tweet Life #CL256
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP by Green at Heart by Basic Grey, Neenah Peppercorn
  • Other: Copics, Spica, Jute String, Button, EK Success Scallop Edge Border Punch, Cuttlebug Folder, Green Fine Tip Pen, Scor-Pal Tape 1/4"

16 comments:

  1. Hey, kiddo, great card! Love that we both used our Green At Heart papers from last weekend for this challenge! But with very different results! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stamp! Great job on the challenge. I'm going to miss you so much. Thanks for getting me involved with the OCC. I love it and I know it wouldn't have been possible without you! Best wishes to you in all you do. I'll still be blog-stalking you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I will really miss you on the OCC. However, I have your blog link and I'll be by leaving some love - you aren't getting rid of me that easily. So many ((hugs)) to you in all you'll do in the future.

    I love these little bird cages! Your card is a pet store owner's nightmare or a crazy bird lady's dream come true. Either way, it's totally lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He,he,he your Sketch turned out GORGEOUS and so p-e-r-f-e-c-t!!! Love this IO image and the soft colors you used with it!!!

    At least I don't have to say goodbye...I'm the lucky one who gets to see you soon...I'm soooooo looking forward to it!!! Until then BIG HUGS ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Jenny! Now what will I see on Saturdays?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love seeing your OCC creations! Congrats on a great run girl! Pretty card today...way to toe the line! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Jenny! Love the papers and you are really good at that stitching! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's about the cutest bird cage stamp I've seen yet, and that clear Spica pen, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image and paper. Neat trick on the jute too. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card. Love the birdcages...so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! Love how everything comes out so nice and neat, always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, Jenny. Such a cute stamp and I love the way you wrap your jute. Thanks for that great tip! Sure am going to miss you at the OCC. Your creations are always fabulous and inspiring. So happy I got to know you. Wising you the best of luck in your art and all that you do.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an awesome card!!! I love the image!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my god. that is sooo cute! i love the idea and the colors. adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my god. that is sooo cute! i love the idea and the colors. adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty and so cute too! I love your colors, the button embellishments and the punched border too!

    ReplyDelete