Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life and Lemons

I've been using this image from Flourishes (Life, Love and Lemons) over and over in Copic Classes to demonstrate how to do the "Fur Technique" using Copic Blender Solution. Click on the highlighted words to see a video tutorial by Sherrie Siemens. This technique works brilliantly to achieve a realistic fur look when using animal images. But it works for other images too! After quickly coloring my Lemons I used a rag and a dab of the Solution to "remove" color..... giving my lemons a bit of texture and kind of a ruddy look, like real lemons. I thought after stamping this image so many times for class it was high time I used it to make a card!

I added a few simple embellishments to dress it up. The gold eyelets are adhesive backed and I popped a little green gem in the middle of each one. A Martha border along the bottom edge, she does make some killer punches! I also used a clear glaze pen to go over the lemons. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: ALl stamps by Flourishes: Life, Love and Lemons
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Green DP by Wild Asparagus, Yellow Card Stock, Neenah Peppercorn
  • Other: Copics, Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles, Ribbon by May Arts, Misc. Adhesive Eyelets, Green Crystals, Black Fine Tip Pen

8 comments:

  1. WOW, Jenny, I love this card!! Your coloring is amazing!!! That punched border is stunning (note to self...buy that punch ;D) And your little added details like the faux stitch lines...fabulous!! I love this card!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! What??!! I didn't know you taught too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny this is beautiful. I have never tried this before.. It really makes it look textured.. One of my favorite sets. Super job..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, love the layout and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Jenny!! Love the colors and all the eyelets. Fab coloring and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE how you used the trellis punch with this. I love that lemon image. Great color job. MLN

    ReplyDelete