Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Impression Obsession - Mannequins

Today brings another theme challenge from Impression Obsession's Design Team. We were to make a card with a "Mom" theme. We invite you to create a card and play along with the DT. A random participant will WIN a gift certificate to Impression Obsession. Find all the details of how to play and win on the IO Blog.
Hop around and see what the team cooked up for this challenge: Daniela Dobson, Deborah March , Dina Kowal, Jeanne Streiff, Julie Koerber, Kathy Menzies and Laura Fulcher

Strangely, I found I had no "Mom" stamps in my Impression Obsession stash. So I just went girly with my card. I stamped the image and then cut it out using one of the larger oval nesties, but I trimmed the ovals edges to the card sides. I also added some Light Aqua airbrushing with a Copic and outlined the Oval Nestie with Copic E29. I paper pieced the three mannequins, using Copic E29 to add a bit of detailing to each one. All of the Pattern Paper on this card came from Kaisercraft's Devonshire Collection.

I added some crystals to the mannequin's stands and died a 1/8" piece of silk ribbon with a Copic for the bow on the middle mannequin. I used Spellbinder's Ribbon Tags to cut out the sentiment and threaded some yummy green silk ribbon through the side tabs. I also used the Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Border to add some detailing along the bottom, dropping a few gems on that as well.

12 comments:

  1. Love this super colored card. You did a beautiful job on the air brushing and the body stands are adorable. super stylish card. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... this is such a bright and fun card Jenny! I love everything about it! The bling on the stands is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that one, Jenny! Where can I purchase that stamp? It is too cute, I love dress form images.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh! You really nailed it with this stamp. How bright, fun, and beautiful too! You are so darned creative, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here you go...this is just stunning...dp really shows off the wonderful images...just darn fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun bright DIVA-licious card any mom would be proud to receive. Love the stylish details, especially the ribbon 'round the middle form and the darling bling decorating the stands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny, I love Love LOVE this!! The paper piecing looks SO fabulous!! Love all the detailing, too, with the ribbons and crystals. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors you chose. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really bright and fun card. Love your paper piecing and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress forms are fabulous... Love the bling on the stand and the stamping that extends off the 1st one - really beautiful and the colors really catch your eye!

    ReplyDelete