Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Belli Challenge #86 -Eyelets

Today's challenge from the Belli Blog is eyelets. We all have them in out stash... in many colors and very rarely do I pull them out any more. So this was the perfect reminder to pay them some attention. If you are not familiar with the Belli Blog, we post a challenge every two weeks and it is usually focusing on embellishments. So hop on over and check it out and even better, play along!

Today we are all featuring these cutesy images from Sunshine Stamps on our cards, and they are sponsoring this week's challenge and offering a prize to a random player. I used Copics to color my little rabbit, named Hopscotch. When I first saw these new Nestie Label 10 shapes, I immediately thought it would be neat to string something through the the three little curved spots on the end. Using eyelets, that's just what I did. I used white 1/8" silk ribbon to tie my teensy little bows and run through the eyelets. The striped paper in the background is from October Afternoon's Report Card Collection of papers. The papers come in an 8x8 pad... they look a little retro, but have big color.... love 'em. The New Nesties and the October Afternoon just came in at Impressive Ideas, my LSS, and had to go home with me! Love playing with NEW goodies!!! I mixed little grey card stock in my layout and also running the center grey piece thru a CB folder. I didn't have a fun sentiment to match up with him, so I just printed one out and used an orange Copic to change the color. I used my fingers and slightly curled the sentiment then used 3D silicone glue to adhere it, the 3D glue will help it hold it's shape. Finished card is an A2.
  • Stamps: Image from Sunshine Stamps, Sentiment is computer generated
  • Ink: Printed with an HP ink jet on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Paper: Grey Card Stock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Neenah Peppercorn, October Afternoon's Report Card Collection of 8x8 papers
  • Other: 1/8" Silk Ribbon, Eyelets, Bow Easy Tool, 3-D Silicone Glue, Spellbinder's Label 10, Copics/ABS

15 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute, Jenny....such beautiful coloring and I LOVE how you created the ribbon treatment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally ingenious, Jenny! Love that cute bunny, too. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and that sentiment is perfect for that cute little image! Nice use of the eyelets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day when I needed a giggle...you provided it! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Jenny! Love how you did the ribbon!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look a little retro, AND have great color! =) Great idea about the ribbon! Hope you get the prize... =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute bunny!
    Now listen here...just when I think that I don't need this latest tool...you prove me wrong. Love how you added the eyelets to this nestie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever way to use eyelets, Jenny!! I love those ribbons!! I'm sure you're like the rest of us and have a million in your stash. was fun to use them for a change, huh? Great job!! You do Belli proud!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny - you rocked the eyelet challenge...love the ribbon treatment you've created!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, this is soo cute!! Love the pp and Hopscotch is lookin' fab!! Love that soft yellow bg you've added around him.. And look at that ribbon treatment and those eyelets!! Pretty Amazing!!! Jenny, your card is adorable, and I love it!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too too cute, Jenny. I always fall in love with your ribbon tx's. Beautifully adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so creative. The ribbon treatment is so awesome. And speaking of awesome, your coloring is remarkable. I admire anyone who can color like this with Copics. I tried and failed miserably. So I know what kind of talent it takes! Awesome work kiddo! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you laced your ribbons through the eyelets. Great idea and love that new nestablility shape.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You knocked this one out of the park with those cheerful colors and your design! TFS!

    ReplyDelete