Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Stamp Simply #128 - Sympathy Cards

Stamp Simply #128 - February 26th - Sympathy Cards
Today, Sharon issued the challenge to create a Sympathy card. We all need them on occasion and sometimes they can be hardest cards to make.
------------------------------------------------------
Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp. So please play along and link your project with Mr. Linky on No Time to Stamp, Sharon's blog! Check out the beautiful samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Tammy, Janine - taking the night off, AJ, Deb, Barbara, Barb Schram and Jennifer. Julie has sadly had to leave our Friday challenges as a regular designer, boo hoo! And we have the talented Deb Neerman as our Guest Stamper this month! Deb’s Blog is Paper, Ink, Scissors and Stamps hop over and pay her a visit!

I have been a bad blogger, getting caught up in the Olympics and other things this week! I love watching the Olympics and seeing the athletes, their stories and triumphs! So my apologies for being absent from Blogville.
Tonight's card is simple, keeping with the challenge. I simply stamped my sentiment on pattern paper and used a Nestie to trim it out, adding some thin layers that I hand trimmed to the shape. For the blue background I used a Cuttlebug Folder to emboss the pattern, adding some Ivory Pigment Ink with my baby brayer to raised portions, just a soft layer of color and not evenly inked either. I added a blue silk bow, the blue was a little brighter than my paper to begin with. I used a Copic Marker (E00) to tone it down a bit.

When I added the sentiment panel, I gently curved it using my finger and rolling it slightly. To keep it curled and adhere it at the same time I used a 3D Silicone glue. Finished card is an A2.

18 comments:

  1. WoW! Love the soft, feminine look of this beautiful card! And your bow looks good enough to eat ... fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is elegant and tasteful and sober--excellently done, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you're still with us - been wondering what you've been up to this week! I was afraid you'd had a breakdown after last Saturday! Is this sympathy card for your sanity after a day with the Kats?! ;-)

    This is an absolutely gorgeous card. That CB background is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! They are so hard to make when you really need, so this is a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT Cuttlebug folder is that??? I LOVE it! What a simple, beautiful, elegant design Jenny! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, this is gorgeous!!! I love the simple elegance, and the colors are just so comforting. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and serene!!! Everything about it is gorgeous...I loved the curved sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors for a sympathy card-wonderful job. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZER, Jenny, you sure have not lost your touch while you were watching the Olympics this week. This card is gorgeous and so soft and serene....LOVE IT!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful in this soft blue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so beautiful and very calming too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the elegance and softness of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so very serene and beautiful -- love the texture and dainty ribbon -- what a lovely sympathy card!!!

    ReplyDelete