Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Stamp Simply #127 - Recipe card with Twist

Stamp Simply #127 - February 19th - Recipe Card with a Twist! "ssnotime127"
Today, Sharon issued the following challenge:
Think of flipping through a recipe box filled with cards -- the tabs/dividers come to my mind instantly. That's where we are headed with this one. Make a card (for a recipe if you like, but it need NOT be a true recipe card) that has some tabbed element on it to give you that impression of a traditional recipe card in a box.
------------------------------------------------------
Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp. So please play along and link your project with Mr. Linky on No Time to Stamp, Sharon's blog! Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Tammy - taking the night off, Janine, Julie, AJ, Deb, Barbara, Barb Schram and Jennifer. And we have the creative Deb Neerman as our Guest Stamper this month! Deb’s Blog is Paper, Ink, Scissors and Stamps and you won’t want to miss her fun take on our challenge!

For real, I don't cook. I can operate the microwave very well, but the stove and I are not on friendly terms. The husband does all the cooking. So when this challenge came along... I turned to google. I found this recipe and decided to whip up a little card with my Flourishes stamps. Is it really a recipe with only three ingredients, one of them being water and no cooking involved??? I printed out the "recipe" on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and then added my stamped images, masking some elements to have things layered a bit. At the end I remembered the challenge called for a tab of some sort.... so I tucked one on the side. A little cuttlebug action, some stitch marks and a little black jute string bow.... done. Finished card is 4x6.

18 comments:

  1. Well, it doesn't count if you haven't made it yet!! *giggles* Very cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL, Now THIS is my kinda recipe, too. I love that the main ingredient is "water." Too fun!

    I LOVE the card you created ... so bright and cheerful. And those stamps are perfect ... and so beautifully colored!

    BTW, you're too kind!

    ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!! Love it Jenny!! And yes anything with more than one ingredient is a recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Jenny! LOVE the bright colors you've used too! Looking down through your blog and OMGosh ... so much inspiration! Your work is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit surprised there is no vodka in this recipe, or that you didn't add it! Love the fruit images. GREAT layout and details. Really beautiful. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds sweet & easy is always good too. Darling card with a variety of summery colors. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful...i'd have to display this..not hide it away in a box! and it sounds sooooo summertime while there's still sooooo much snow on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too cute. And the recipe is so easy, I'll bet even YOU could do it???? Hahahahaha.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sound like something to enjoy sitting out on the porch in a rocker in the hot summertime! Can you tell I'm about DONE with winter, LOL! love the card, Jenny! So bright and colorful and those fruit images are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this has got to be the all time CAS as far as recipes go! Great job with the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! And you did make some slice and bake cookies once that I thought were very good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Jenny- this is WONDERFUL - love the red, yellow and black together and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh look at the yummy fruit!!! Stunning colors, coloring and design Jenny!! The colors are so cheery and fun!! The faux stitching is the perfect accent!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is the coolest recipe card I've ever seen....GORGEOUS colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jenny...you make it sound so easy...I love all the masking you have done on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful recipe card, Jenny...the colors are gorgeous and I love all the perfect stiching around the edge!!!! Awesome little tab, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fresh and fun -- makes me crave some yummy summer fruit! Darling project for this challenge -- love it!

    ReplyDelete