Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Stamp Simply #126 - Purple and Green

Stamp Simply #126 - February 12th - Purple and Green! "ssnotime126"
Today, Sharon issued the challenge to make a card using the colors purple and green, any shades of the two colors works....
Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp. So please play along and link your project with Mr. Linky on No Time to Stamp, Sharon's blog!
Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Tammy, Janine, Julie, AJ, Deb, Barbara, Barb Schram and Jennifer. And we have the talented Deb Neerman as our Guest Stamper this month! Deb’s Blog is Paper, Ink, Scissors and Stamps and you won’t want to miss her creative take on our challenge!
You know I'm not the fondest of purple and I usually go for a deep rich purple shade, but I mixed it up today with this purple and green paper from Kaiser Craft's Dancing Jewel Collection.

This card is simply stamped and is really all about layers and layers. I used my Southwest corner punch to notch the edges and then added embroidery floss to frame my stamped panel. When I added the row of embroidery floss under the stamped sentiment I used Scor-Pal tape to lay a line of adhesive... winding the string around it. The adhesive immediately grabs it and keeps it nice and snug. I used the Bow Easy to add a little string bow. A few pearls to accent.... and NO STITCH marks. Very hard to resist the urge... but I did. Final card size is an A2.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love that floss treatment ... beautiful and very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the verse and your card came out classy. I'm not a purple and green fan but I am seeing some great cards. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Jenny! I love your soft colors and that big bold sentiment! Love how you framed it with the floss, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Jenny, I love your take on purple and green, softly muted colors, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you use of the colors...Maybe no "stitch" marks but your signature is still there with the "bows". Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice!! Lovely new paper and a great quote. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE what you did with the embroidery floss! What a great detail, and beautiful card! (And you can join me in the "I'm not fond of purple!" club but honestly you rocked the challenge!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely. What an interesting verse. I love the way you used the corner notch punch (I haven't used mine in awhile-may need to dust it off).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not fond of purple either but this is totally terrific. I like it paired up with the the green. And your use of the embroidery floss is positively brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple and green great combo catching my eye with your sketch.
    Way to go. mt23stamper

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful sentiment! Love all the little extras you added to make this card a stand out!! :-)

    ReplyDelete