Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shades of Green

It's time for another challenge with Impression Obsession....And the theme is Shades of Green. As usual the challenge is open for everyone to play along with us and as usual there is a gift certificate up from grabs!! You can find all the details of how to play and win on the IO Blog. Check out the IO Ladies and see what green creations they have cooked up today.... Daniela Dobson, Dina Kowal, Jeanne Streif , Julie Koerber, Kathy Menzies, Rosemary Marino and Shirley Ross.

I really followed the challenge rules this time.... My card is definitely GREEN! I used two shades of green Kiwi Kiss and also Old Olive, and then added white as my neutral. I used a Cuttlebug background and my baby brayer to create the background, inking over the embossed areas only. The argyle blocks in the middle are stamped with both green colors, they are from a clear set, so it makes it very easy to add the second stamping in just the right position. I pulled the stamp set to work with first and immediately it sparked the idea to pull the CB folder.... and just go with Argyle all over! Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: #CL92 Clear Set: Masculine by Impression Obsession
  • Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, White Pigment, White EP, Clear EP
  • Paper: White, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder, Baby Brayer, Bow Easy Tool, Spellbinder's Oval Nesties, Taffeta Ribbon by SU

12 comments:

  1. wow! That's what you call GREEN. My 2 favorite shades of it too! Love it. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all that ARGYLE....maybe now you won't call me a moron the next time I see you...

    One of these days maybe I'll remember the brayer/cuttlebug folder trick...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought to use a brayer to apply color on embossed paper, very clever, I will have to try it. Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jenny! This is so artistic and shows real stamping talent as well. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny,
    Nice card. Love how you have used the EB Folder and the Brayer on the raised area. Never think to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME GREEN CARD - JENNY!!! The different argyles look fabo!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. "It isn't easy being green" he said...LOL Kermit would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible Jenny, love it!!!

    blessings, maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your brayering is always amazing to me because it is always perfect on these embossed backgrounds! Your greens on this one are really pretty together, and once again, the way you used ribbon as a focal point is so cool! Love your creativity! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, very cool card, love the different shades of green and your fabulous bow. Off to make my entry to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete