Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Our Creative Corner - Something OLD

Over at the OCC, Linda gave us the challenge of pulling out and USING something old or forgotten in our stash. We all have a few things like that. Hope you dust off something in your stash and join the challenge! You can find all the details on the Our Creative Corner Blog. Be sure and take a look to see what the other ladies have cooked up for this fun challenge, see the links to all the OCC ladies on my sidebar.

SO... what's old on this card? Well the little butterfly punch has been in my punch collection for years and it actually did have a layer of dust on it! I have gotten a lot of use from this punch, but since Nesties moved in my stamp room.... seems I hardly ever turn to punches any more.

The butterfly patterned paper is from the DCWV Mariposa Collection, this whole collection is YUM. I went with a nature feel, choosing to pair up the pretty paper with Kraft card stock and Jute String. To help the wings of the butterfly (punched three times) stay lifted I added a little 3-D Glue in between each layer. I used a little dab of Ultimate Glue to keep my bow tails along the side of the oval. Finished card is an A2.
  • Stamps: Wordsworth: Poetry of the Earth Clear Set
  • Ink: Versamark and Gold Detail EP
  • Paper: DCWV Mariposa 4x6 Collection, Gold Card Stock, Kraft
  • Other: Black Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Spellbinder's Oval Nesties, Butterfly Punch, Foam Tape, 3-D Perga Glue, Black Mini Pearls, Black Fine Tip Pen

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, Jenny, this is gorgeous! I love the gold embossing with your beautiful papers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning GF!!! Hope you are enjoying the beautiful snow that came your way :) ?!?

    Your card is beautiful - Jenny!!! The gold embossing is fab and so is your butterfly!!! Glad you had a chance to dust it off :)!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Love the way you layered the papers and embossed the quote. I'm so glad you love this paper too! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful, Jenny! Very classy looking card! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! It is beautiful! I am glad you resurrected that butterfly punch as it goes perfectly with what you have done here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, your card is perfect elegance! I haven't seen this paper collection, but it does look totally YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh!!! Love that multi-layer butterfly...fantastic work, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this Jenny - the colors are great - love the gold and the Kraft together. The butterfly theme works perfectly with that awesome quote. Another challenge rocked, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is lovely Jenny!
    love the gold!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that butterfly paper and all you did with it. The gold really looks wonderful. Love your card~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again, this is beautiful Jenny!! I love how you did the dp across the bottom of the oval and the pearls!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Again, this is beautiful Jenny!! I love how you did the dp across the bottom of the oval and the pearls!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it Jenny! Feel free to send my any punches you don't use - LOL! I love your butterflies and am in love with the font on your stamp. It looks super elegant embossed in gold. FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mariposa line. My all-time fav from DCWV!

    ReplyDelete