Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Our Creative Corner - Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday! The OCC has a sketch challenge up for today! We also have a sponsor this week, a brand new digital stamp company Sugar Creek Hollow. So new, in fact, that their Grand Opening is March 1st. All of the Grand Opening proceeds will be donated to a food pantry. They are offering up a prize to random participant in this sketch challenge, so be sure and check out all the details on the OCC Blog!
The design team cooked up some fun cards using this sketch. Be sure and check 'em out, you can find links to all the ladies on my side bar! I think I was the one that strayed the most from the sketch (there's always one in every bunch, lol).... I used the initial layout, but then I added and added and added some more.... kind of disguising the original layout... but it is there.... just underneath some add ons!

I used one of the images from our Sponsor, Sugar Creek Hollow. I thought these boots were kind of fun and would be neat to embellish. I used Copics to color, adding airbrushing around the edges in addition to sponging some brown ink too. I love this funky lace trim... sadly this card used up my stash. When I cut it the edges frayed pretty roughly so I covered up the corners using a little piece of card stock, hiding the cut ends. The usual stitch marks, I can't stop adding them. A sheer black ribbon bow and that's all! Final card is an A2.
  • Stamps: Sugar Creek Hollow
  • Ink: Printed image on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White with HP Inkjet
  • Paper: Pattern Paper from K and Co., Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Lt. Brown Card Stock
  • Other: Black Sheer RIbbon, Tiny Crystlas, Misc. Lace Edging, Black Fine Tip Pen, Gold Gel Pen, Bow Easy Tool, Copics/ABS, Spellbinder's Classic Rectangles

15 comments:

  1. love it Jenny, absolutely love it!! Love that ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I love your boots! All that trim is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is OUTSTANDING Jenny!!!! What a fabulous creation...love every detail...I would WEAR those boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jenny, I love what you have done with this image. Great sepia tones what work perfectly and that lace trim is fabulous! Cool use of the cooper and silver brads too. Thanks so much for using a SCH image for your challenge card this week.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun image! Love the rhinestones you added and the trim. Beautiful, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! I love the boots and all the extra touches of bling and trim. The corners are super cool and so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey GF...your card is awesome!!! Love how you bedazzled the boots...you rocked this Sketch and the SCH image!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funky! Love that big black bow there--really adds a lot to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry your ribbon stash is gone, but it sure looks perfect for this card! I like the stitches, too, and can't imagine your card without them. : D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Jenny!! Love the trim, bling and stitches!! Hope you can replace your ribbon stash!! It is perfect on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful!! I am in love with that image and how you embellished it and the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful Vintage Card! Love it!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny this is truely fabulous! I love how you combined lace and leather! Your border is wonderful chick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you dresses up those boots! Super cute and that trim is fantastic!!! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh I don't know what happened, I thought I stopped by last week!

    Your card is VERY cool, what a interesting design and a I LOVE the vintage feel!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete