Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Our Creative Corner - Masculine Valentines

Over at the OCC, we have a new Hostess, Linda, kicking off a new month of challenges! Linda gave us the challenge of making a masculine Valentine's Day card. Hope you will play along with us! You can find all the details on the Our Creative Corner Blog. Be sure and take a look to see what the other ladies have cooked up for this fun challenge, see the links to all the OCC ladies on my sidebar.

Since the husband does not read my blog, ever.... there is zero chance he will see this card and this may very well be the card I give him for V-Day. I even went on his Facebook page and made him a "follower" of my blog. Still does not read it. Maybe I won't give him a card..... hmmmm. Nah, even though he does not read my blabbering he deserves a card.... if you know us, then you know he is totally the better half! Guess he gets his fill of my blabbering with out reading it too!

So.... I kept it really simple on my man card. And I know you are thinking that it is heavily embellished for a man card.... but for this card we are going to call those little gems "studs". So this is a very "studly man" card. LOL. I used a Cuttlebug Folder to emboss my red panel and followed the embossed design to add my studs. I used the Red and Grey DP from the Basic Grey's Sugar Rush Collection. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: Sentiment from Inkadinkado
  • Ink: Versafine Crimson Red
  • Paper: DP from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush Collection, White
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder, Pearls, Grey Crystals, Red Taffeta Ribbon, Eyelets, Spellbinder's Label Nine, White Gel Pen

15 comments:

  1. Oh COOL, love how you did the pearls and crystals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your "studly" card! I was wondering how you perfectly placed all those embellishments - how very clever. Great colors and papers for a masculine card, and the faux stitching adds a lot! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the sentiment and all the 'studs'! Great job. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific guy card, Jenny. I love what you did with the "studs" - very creative! That taffeta ribbon sure is yummy. Great job on the challenge this week. Hope the DH likes it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jenny! That looks like LOTS of work! But it's gorgeous! Love the "studs", stitching and other small details! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *snort* Studly, eh?!! I love the look and the mind that would conceive of this fun twist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, love the red and gray, perfect for the man of one's life!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the worst pun ever! *giggles* But it's a terrific card! I love all the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool idea but good thing you are not mailing this, it must weigh a ton, lol. I think the "studly" idea is brilliant. Great challenge card, Jenny and I am sure hubby will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the "studs" on your manly card. Looks like a labor of love and a great looking one too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your 'man card' I find all those little studs interesting, I'll have to try this. I really like the color combo though, it's still V-Day red but not overpowering red like we woman love, perfect choice for a man!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is STUNNING, Jenny!!! What a fabulous bg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the "studs" Your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful, Jenny...the background looks sooo awesome with all the pearls and rhinestones...your DH will love it!!! BTW, my DH doesn't read my blog, either!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The glitter king would love it.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete