Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Not just a Butterfly

With the new release from Impression Obsession, there were several images similar to this one... where there was an image that contained another image. I think they are really different and unique.

I used Copics to color the scene inside the Butterfly adding some airbrushing around the outside circle. In the background, I stamped a Wood Grain Background and ran the chisel tip of my Copic markers down the length of the grain, trying to add some color. I wanted to mimic the wood in the shutters. I added a simple Cuttlebugged panel in the background and then some yellow satin ribbon to finish it off. Final card size is an A2.

10 comments:

  1. WOW! Stunning. Great idea to add color to the wood background. And a great way to sneak in the asian CB too. Great job! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Mackeral Woman!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOHHH! Opens my mind to tons of possibilities. I have all this stunning visual paper and photos with absolutely no idea what to do with it...just cut out a shape...add some Spica or other glam...and, presto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow and fantastic all at the same time. This stamp and card are perfect. Love em'
    ~Penny~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO creative my friend ... this is absolutely gorgeous!!! WOWZA!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny,
    Very pretty image, and I like the way you placed the ribbon and the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card took my breath away Jenny! WOW. I am speechless!!!

    ReplyDelete