Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

IO Challenge - Background Bonanza

It's time for another challenge from the Impression Obsession Design Team, and you can play along with us..... this week is Background Bonanza... showing off some off the FAB Cover-a-Card Backgrounds that IO has released this past year. If you wanna play along hop over to the IO Blog for all the deets and there is a $25 gift certificate up for grabs to a random participant.
Be sure and check out the IO crew and see what they cooked up for this challenge... Daniela Dobson, Dina Kowal, Jeanne Streiff, Laura Fulcher and Rosemary Marino

Did you just run and get your sunglasses??? I know....this is Ultra Bright! I wanted to use an intense ink so you could really see the detail and fine lines in this Paisley Background stamp. I used Versafine's Deep Lagoon Ink. This stamp has quickly moved to the top of the pile in my faves. So detailed and every time I stamp it, it comes out clean and perfect. I use the IO Mega Mount when stamping these backgrounds.

You can see I also stamped the Paisley Background in Black using that as a mat to the sentiment and around the border of the card. The gingham skirting ribbon was originally black and white, but then it met up with a Copic Marker! With the gingham pattern in the ribbon, I could not resist adding my little stitch marks around the edges. A little button with a tiny jute string bow tied to it to finish it up. Final card size is 5 1/2" Square.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful.. love the colors... so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stamped that?? It totally looks printed! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real WOW card! Striking! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with all the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenny! Very pretty...I do love the blue with these stamps...the sentiment is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Wow! Wow! I LOVE that background. I will definitely be adding the mega mount to my collection of tools! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, Jenny, You have just nailed it again, as you always do! Absolutely stunning. I love how you treated the ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a lovely and vibrant card.

    ReplyDelete