Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

I still had the new TCP Beary Good Year set on my desk and decided to make a quick little St. Patrick's Day card... since the set has all the little holiday add ons and sentiments that's just what I used. I stamped the four leaf clover on a 1.5" Inchie Board. I used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp and then colored on my Inchie with Copics. The color went on nice and smooth on the Inchie board.

I decorated the background panel using my Scor-Pal.... scoring lines at every half inch to create the embossed lines. Then I used the Scor-Bug tool to create the dotted embossed lines at 1/4" after each straight line. I jeweled them up here and there with some small green crystals. You can see my Scalloped Square in the background (under my Inchie Board) and I added some Gold Sulky thread to it, winding in between each scallop to create the grid pattern. My sentiment is simply embossed in gold and I curved it, so that it would be raised in the middle and secured on the sides using some crystals.... Also on the raised portion I use Perga Kit 3-D Glue to help hold the 3-D look. Finished card is 4.5" Square.
  • Stamps: All stamps are from The Cat's Pajamas - Clear Set "A Beary Good Year"
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark and Gold Detail EP
  • Paper: Gold Card Stock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Green DP from Basic Grey's Origins Collection
  • Other: Inchie+, Scor Pal, Scor Bug, Crystals, Gold Pearls, Spellbinder's Scalloped Square Nesties

10 comments:

  1. I simply love this card! It is sooo cool from all the fun pearls and jewels to the gold thread! If you have nobody special to send this to - feel free to send it to me for my birthday which is also St. Paddy's Day! Just kidding, I think! Anyway, I love your creations but this one just really hit home! Love the raised little embossings and all the fun details. Great job!!!!Who would have thought it came from that set with the bear? Thanks for sharing it!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ckrobinson01@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow...what wonderful colors and details...again I am amazed at your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geeze... what an incredible amount of work!! And it looks awesome! And did you know your face is right there amidst your followers??? *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Jenny!! Love your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that great scored background-I had to read twice to see how you made that-great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to pull out my scorbug and inchies! Thanks for the inspiration. Great card. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww - you made that card just for my beloved daughter who is a 3/17 gal! How sweet of you! I can dream can't I? Love the card and it's simple elegance but with all the fun things I love in papercrafting: cord wrapping, scoring, and lots o' bling!!! Guess I will have to get to work and try something like this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great way to use the Inchie + Square!! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny! I love this. Great St. Patricks feeling with the design!! I love the design in the center and all the gems!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! Love your creativity & inspiration & style! That about covers everything!

    ReplyDelete