Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Belli Challenge #84 - Ribbon

The challenge over the Belli Blog today is focusing on using ribbon. Please head over the the Belli Challenge Blog for all the details. If you play along remember to use keyword CBC84 when you upload to PCP or SCS, or use Mr. Linky at the Belli Blog. Our sponsor for this week's challenge is Sweet-n Sassy Stamps and we are all showing off some of their images on our cards for this challenge.

Since the focus today was on ribbon. I used it in two different ways, other than tying a traditional bow. I used two strips of red sheer ribbon in the background, covering the seam between the two with another strip of my polka dot DP. I also added a strip behind my sentiment, changing it slightly with a Copic marker. The stitching along the edges was originally white, but I ran a yellow Copic over the white stitching so it would match up with my color scheme.

I used Copics to color the image, adding some Spica Sparkle to the little yellow bird, to make him unique and match up with the "one of a kind" sentiment. I little soft airbrushing around the images and some finishing stitch marks.
  • Stamps: All stamps are digital by Sweet n Sassy
  • Ink: Images printed on a HP Inkjet on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Red, Blue, DP by Basic Grey
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder, Sheer Red Ribbon 1", Stitched Ribbon by SU, Micron Pens, Copics/ABS, Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Circle Nesties, Yellow Spica Pen

16 comments:

  1. love this image!! gorgeous colourling, and I love the colours and the embossed detail! fab make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it ..Those birds are too cute but I went and looked and coouldnt find them .
    can you help ??
    thanks diana
    vindina@tds.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout and that bird image is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo pretty, Jenny!!! Your coloring is just stunning and I love how you used the ribbon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout and the texture that goes so well with the dp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOur coloring is just fabulous, Jenny!! I love these birds in the smaller size to fit this oval, and the ribbon is so creative! That dp is great to go with the colors! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too Cute! Love the dsp. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this layout and your use of ribbons on this card. The stitching is gorgeous and I love that pale yellow to help set it off. Gorgeous card, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just looked at Robin's card also with those precious birdies. They really are cute.

    We are so anxious to get the Copics. Don't forget to tell us which compressor and related parts we need (asap, of course).

    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny,
    Hey, what's up with the store? It's been closed two days I arrived?
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny, your coloring is gorgeous!!! Love the dp and the embossed bg!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny. I love this image, too cute, and you made it look even more adorable with this DP and your coloring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute - your birds are nicely colored. Nice ribbon treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous coloring!! Love that you made the yellow bird stand out! Loving all the layers and stitching lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card and awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete