Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thank You Floral

I'm back! I spent all day yesterday in my craft room and had a fantastic time.... The ideas were flowing and cards were getting made! I hear purple is going to be a "hot" color choice this year. Seems to be popping up every where. Not a fave of mine -- but it's growing on me! I do like the deep rich purples, not so much on the light lavenders. I used Versafine's Imperial Purple to stamp the sentiment on this, and it's just the right shade to pair up with the Wisteria Collection of papers from Basic Grey.

I colored my floral image with Copics and added some light blue airbrushing around the edges. To tie my fluffy little bow... I used two silk ribbons, wrapped together and the Bow Easy tool. Since the the silk is so light and cinches down so nice and tight for the center knot, this is easy and does not get too bulky. I used another of the new CB folders for the background, simply embossed on white card stock. I used my DP to add some paper strips: 1" and 1/2" strips of the Floral Pattern and then went back and very generously added stitch marks to the card with a white gel pen. Final card size is 5 1/2" x 5 1/4" Square.

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I love iris and you make them look so real. Almost had to reach out and touch them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have been wanting to color my iris's too. Wisteria is a great compliment. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty-I love iris'. Love the new cb folder. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job coloring the irises. And the card is great, too. Love all the stitch marks. Glad you had a good day yesterday are are feeling back in the "zone".

    Sue P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenny, I purchased the calendar set and I can't wait to use it. I love irises....takes me back to being a child...my mom had the most glorious irises and glads in our garden.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card! The ribbon is perfect with this image!

    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Love the deep rich color of this card and the paper is perfect with your Iris image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply stunning. your cards are ALWAYS gorgeous. thanks for sharing.
    stay well,
    annmaire

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is AMAZING! I so love everything about it...how you tied in the DP and the image together...I am not a big fan of purple either, but I just think this is one of your best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job coloring the irises, and the Wisteria papers are a nice complement for them. Love hte stitch marks and the dual colored bow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Jenny! Glad the mojo is back home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny, this is so BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the DP and that stamp...so gorgeous. YOur coloring on the image is as always out of this world!!! Beautiful just beautiful. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Card Jenny! I love irises and how you used the dp paper with them. I'd like to use dp paper more but have trouble pairing them up with images. You have just enough to add color and give it elegance with the delicate flower stamp used. That stitching with the pen and the bow really ties it all together, Wow! Thanks for sharing, I've learned alot : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny, this is gorgeous!! I love the BG Wisteria collection and you have used it beautifully here. The irises are colored to perfection!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous Jenny!
    the BG papers are a perfect pick with this lovely image!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny- this is BEAUTIFUL! Love these colors and how you tied it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I loved the black and white card that you did and so I popped over here to say so and got stuck on all the other beautiful cards you created. I love them, they are gorgeous. What a talented artist you are. I could probably stay here all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now these are my kind of colors, I love this card. I have lots of Siberian Irises in my yard and you have captured their beauty perfectly. Love that DP, you should use this color scheme more often.

    ReplyDelete