Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunset Trees

This is a brand new background from Impression Obsession, It is called "Branches". My first thought when I saw it was, how neat this would be on a Halloween card, with a moon in the background and spooky colors for a hazy sky with some Copic Airbrushing. BUT we are a little out of season for me to post Halloween, so I remembered this card I did a while back -----> CLICK HERE, and I kind of copied the coloring from it. I stamped the trees in Versafine Vintage Sepia, but then I wanted to really bring some attention to some trees and make them stand out in the front. All I did was use a black Micron pen to outline a few of them, and I then used a darker Brown Copic marker to give them a little deeper brown color.

The airbrushing is just layering colors, light to dark, using yellows and oranges. You know I am a fan of quotes and I love this one in particular.... It reminds me of something my Dad would say about time spent on the lake with a fishing pole in his hand. I used a Peach Souffle pen to add my stitch marks around the edges. Finished card is 5 3/4" Square. You will be seeing this background again when Halloween rolls around, for sure!!!!

19 comments:

  1. Wow - that is a stunner! Love the background, and your colouring is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous love the colouring and the quote. So apt for this time of year when the trees are still bare and we have warm sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fabulous! I love the soothing tones you've used Jenny, it's absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Your airbrushing is perfect, as always. It does sound like your dad! Appropriate for him with the trees, too. What an awesome trinket he could make out of gnarly old trees like those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I am so glad I got this stamp. I will be casing! Maybe its time to get the ABS. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful coloring on your background. Really like the quote and the airbrushing-neat look. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card. Love the stamp. I think it will be very versatile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so life-like it looks real!! I adore the colours on this and such a beautiful sentiment. Absolutely gorgeous card. kxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this image, Jenny. I also love the ferris wheel card you cited. Wow! That's a stunner. Great jobs both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pure loveliness...really like how you outlined the branches too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That outlining is fantastic, Jenny--really makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've really made this background stand out, Jenny! Your airbrushing and stitching look perfect, and the quote is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That branch background is great. I love the colors you used, and that sentiment is wonderful. Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jenny, this is absolutetly incredible! I looked at that background and didn't get it for starters -- guess I know where part of my gc is going - this card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh I *NEED* this BG!!! GORGEOUS! Love how you outlined it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know how I missed seeing this card. It is simply stunning! The colors, the branches, the sentiment is absolutely beautiful. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete